Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a SR45 and I have the choice to get one manufactured year 2013 and one from 2014 (from the serial number)

I save 30$ if I get the 2013 year, compare to the 2014.

is it better if I get the 2014 year instead of 2013?

Just wondering if manufactured year, by example 2013 vs 2015 make a difference somewhere

thanks

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Mine was manufactured in 2015 and it has never given me a problem, not one. I love the way it shoots.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I believe the only different between the earlier SR45 and current model is the Striker cover. Earlier(mine) had access hole to remove cover and striker.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I bought the first one to hit the shelf. as soon as it went out I took it home. same with the stainless P85 I bought when they came out. also my SR9. none of them has ever had an issue.
it is up to you but I would not be afraid of either!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I would guess the latest model produced would have all the "Bugs" worked out if there was any...otherwise, save the $30 and buy ammo with it!

·
Registered
765 Posts
45shootinfun, go to Rugers site. At the bottom of the page click on Instruction Manuals. On this page click on pistol instruction manuals. Scroll down to find your pistol. Click on your pistol and you will see date of manufacture by serial number. Also in the upper right corner you can click and download the owners manual. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought my SR9 last september, manufactured 2013, no issue at all, but the first release is 2008 I think.

to save 30$, I'll get the 2013 I think.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Some have reported slide lock problems on the earlier models 2013, mines from 2014 never had a problem with it knock wood.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I bought mine new in September of 2013, and it's been great. No probs whatsoever.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you purchased your new the spent case packaging will be marked if not call Ruger they will give the manufactured date by serial number. With the online user manual date they state those are approximant.
I purchased SR45 a week after I heard (friend called to see if I had one yet :p ) they were available January 2013. Why a week later you wonder because I was in Az. on holiday and had to wait to get back to my home state.:D
You'll enjoy it and it'll eat anything and spit it down range:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts