Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the "email the ceo" function on the Ruger website earlier this morning. I received a response only a few hours later from Mike Fifer. I have removed my full name and email address for privacy purposes. But I can promise you this is a direct message I recieved this after from Ruger CEO Mike Fifer. You can see the original message I sent him earlier this morning below.

From: Mike Fifer [[email protected]] Sent: Mon 4/4/2011 2:43 PM
To:
Cc:
Subject: Re: Email our CEO - Comment Submission
Attachments:
View As Web Page
Dear Mr. ,

It's in the works, although it will take some time before it gets released.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer, CEO

On 4/4/11 10:28 AM, "Ruger Website" <[email protected]> wrote:

Has there been any consideration of coming out with an SR45 & SR45c to complete the SR line up. I really love my SR9c, but I would love to add a .45ACP pistol to my collection. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Hate to say it but it was kinda a no-brainer that such a model would be coming. It's a couple other models that in in development I'm waiting for though. :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
That's good.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Like my P345, but a bit smaller would pack a bit better.

Let us hope the obamanation still allows for selling such things when it is ready to be released fro the factory.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

·
Registered
401 Posts
This comes as no surprise. Now I have to go email the CEO and ask him NOT to make a 1911.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The compact is probably gonna be a 6 or 7 shot that is relatively the same weight as the 9c. But I bet it'll be another year or two.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I waiting for the 40c myself! My SR-9 and 9c need a 40 cal companion. Also hopeing and praying for a reintroduction of the SP-101 in 22 LR or better yet a combo SP-101 in 22LR/22Mag would be even nicer!!!!! :rolleyes: pray....pray.....pray......pray!!!!! :) Not too much to ask is it!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
At least they aren't doing it right after I finally broke down and bought an SR9, SR9c, and LC9. (I had gotten out of the 9mm game a couple years ago).

·
Registered
238 Posts
So much for buying the SR40 I was looking at today. I would definitely be more interested in the SR45 or a 1911 45

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
So much for buying the SR40 I was looking at today. I would definitely be more interested in the SR45 or a 1911 45
If I were you I would go ahead and get the SR40. It could be two or three years before you see an SR45. You could enjoy that 40 for a good while and then trade it for the 45 when it arrives.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If I were you I would go ahead and get the SR40. It could be two or three years before you see an SR45. You could enjoy that 40 for a good while and then trade it for the 45 when it arrives.
Trade in? Once it hits my safe it usually stays. If I could find one to test fire it would probably be on the short list for purchase.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I too was kinda out of the 9mm market.........until i held the SR9c and the LC9 at a recent gun show. Now they are all I think about. I will probably have to get one or one of each and then when the SR45c comes out one of those too. It's just not right they are going to cut into my revolver budget.

·
Registered
341 Posts
def interested, but ruger, will you PLEASE make a SR pistol that is as close to 100% operational as possible...hell the P95's are still selling out the online stores over the SR's (minus the .40, it is still selling very well)...i really want a sr9c, but i really don't want to send it back to the factory within a month or less if a malfunction were to occur...the p95 is a heavy, rugged, 16 year old no frills pistol but it is a great firearm for less....only p gun still being produced, p345 is in phase out for the sr45's...

·
Registered
999 Posts
The P345 is in a completely different world than the SR9/45 (which certainly takes some ques from it older brother). I can't say I see Ruger phasing out the P345 unless they come out with both a 1911 and SR45 or maybe an upgraded P345.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts