Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've figured out that my favorite (and most accurate) style sights are a plain black target style rear with either a fiber optic or tritium/white dot front. I've contacted Ameriglo about doing a set of their operator's for my pistol (SR9c) which they say they can do, but I'm also interested to see if anyone has done or knows how I can convert my factory rear sight to an adjustable target style rear. I'm not concerned with left to right, but it would be GREAT if I could have a vertically adjustable target style rear. Any thoughts or ideas guys?

(ref: sr9 sr9c sr40 sr40c )

·
Registered
259 Posts
I came to the same conclusion on my sighting system. On my SR9, which I use for USPSA, I just blacked out the rear dots with some black paint and a toothpick, and I plan on getting a green fiber optic front sight to contrast it. I am using it now with just the plain white dot on the front, and it works ok, but a green FO would be much better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I blacked mine out with a sharpie too. Its still not quite the same. The tops of the sight are curved. I thought about filing them down flat, but then they'd be too short. Glad to hear I'm not alone. If anyone comes up with anything else I'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I want. Just a simple drop in installation using the factory sight base, windage would be nice, but not necessary. I just emailed Eric @ Galloway Precision about it to see if its something they might do and I'm about to reach out to Dawson Precision as well. anyone know where or who else might make such a thing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric Galloway (of Galloway Precision) was:
We are customer driven so we follow your requests. This is the first for something like this so we will keep track of interest.
Thanks,
Eric

The response I got from Dawson Precision is that they'd put it on Mr. Dawson's list to review to see if he's interested in taking it on as a project.

If you're interested I'd email them both stating you're interested in something of the sort. They can be reached at:
[email protected]
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts