Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, nice to meet you all, I'm new here and hope I'm not posting a question already answered elsewhere.

I have Ruger 22 Standard, inherited from my uncle, it's missing the Mainspring Housing Assembly (no idea why). I checked the serial number with Ruger and they confirmed it's a Standard.
I've gathered from around here that the Standard and MKI are identical inside ... Does that mean a MKI Mainspring Housing Assembly will work in a Standard? I'm asking because I cannot find anyone who sells a Mainspring Housing Assembly for a Standard, I can only find them for the MKI's II's and III's.

I'm looking forward to your knowledge on this and hoping to get this pistol working again - Thanks!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Iowa. I don't know the answer to your question but you might repost it under gunsmithing some one there might know.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Should be the same between the Standard and the MkI, since that was the Target Model (with adjustable sights).

Maybe this question could be moved to the Rimfire Pistol subforum for the best answers?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Isn't that where we are?
It didn't start here - one of the mods did what I suggested and moved it here from the centerfire semi-auto pistol subforum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts