Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked and could not find my first on trying to find a rubber grip to reduce recoil on my new Ruger Super Blackhawk (with a round trigger guard)! I contacted Hogue, THEY DO NOT MAKE ONE FOR THE MODEL RUGER! I contacted Pachmayr, THEY DO NOT MAKE A GRIP FOR THAT MODEL RUGER! Some one suggested a shooting glove, padded. Got one, do not like, clumsy. Has any one solve this problem or am I descended to shoot with a sore hand? Frustrated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Ruger has the 7.5" barrel. Hogue says there is no grip for the Ruger Super Blackhawh with the round grip!

·
Super Moderator
21,691 Posts
My Ruger has the 7.5" barrel. Hogue says there is no grip for the Ruger Super Blackhawh with the round grip!
The picture clearly is of a round trigger guard with a Hogue Rubber Grip??? Looks pretty reasonable at shop ruger.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is right from Hogue "Detailed description"! Please note the last line!

Hogue® Rubber Grips provide a secure handhold with an ergonomic shape. Grip does not come with cross pin for stirrup. Fits the Ruger® Super Blackhawk® with square trigger guard. Grips fit revolvers with a 7-1/2" and 10-1/2" barrel; shorter barrels require a standard Blackhawk® grip. Grip will not fit the following: Super Blackhawk® with round trigger guard, Ruger® Bisley™, and Ruger® Bisley™ Hunter.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Can always just load 'down' :) . Save the boomers for the woods (if ever needed). For example, I like 10g of Unique under 240g SWC which is a 1100fps load. Enough to let you know it isn't a .44Spec, yet you can shoot all day and a good general purpose load. Just say'n :) . Or if that is to much load down to .44Special power. Shooting (to me) must be enjoyable!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Trying to understand the problem....you have a Super Blackhawk with a round trigger guard, right? Barrel length is irrelevant - it's all about the grip frame. Is it a New Model or an old 3-screw? If it's a New Model is it a Hunter model SBH? Does it have an internal lock? If it's a New Model SBH and not a Hunter model or a model with an internal lock then the Hogue grip that Stangzilla pointed you to in post #2 should work.

"Hogue® Rubber Grips provide a secure handhold with an ergonomic shape. Monogrips are an open backstrap. Fits the Ruger® New Model Blackhawk® with the XR-3 frame (does not fit the old XR-3 Frame- 3 screw model), Ruger® New Model Super Blackhawk®, Ruger® Single-Six®, Ruger® New Model Single-Six®, and Ruger Vaquero®. Does not fit the Hunter model Ruger Super Blackhawk® with round trigger guard. Does not fit models with internal lock."

Hogue® Rubber Grip - Blackhawk-ShopRuger

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Wave it is the SBH, 2 screw, and no internal lock. So I'm SOL.
I don't think so COB - look again more closely at the Hogue grip I linked in my post. The description says SBH new model and no internal lock with round trigger guard. Isn't that your gun? :confused:

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have the new SBH with round trigger guard
I have put on that Hogue rubber grip that i listed above, and it fits great.
so it works and fits
hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have the Talo SBH 3 3/4" round trigger guard and the Hogue will not fit on it but it will fit my other BH's.Did find a set of uncle mikes that fit

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine has it's own pin for the saddle . The saddle does not hook over the pin for the wood grip. The loop or saddle what ever you want to call it is free floating when you install it on the grip frame.
How to install
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQK6PggNnTI

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I Googled and watched that video when I installed the 83000 on my .45/.45LC and yes it practically fell in place.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I looked and could not find my first on trying to find a rubber grip to reduce recoil on my new Ruger Super Blackhawk (with a round trigger guard)! I contacted Hogue, THEY DO NOT MAKE ONE FOR THE MODEL RUGER! I contacted Pachmayr, THEY DO NOT MAKE A GRIP FOR THAT MODEL RUGER! Some one suggested a shooting glove, padded. Got one, do not like, clumsy. Has any one solve this problem or am I descended to shoot with a sore hand? Frustrated!
It is the 8300 hogue.

7/16 grip frame ...right?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts