Ruger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
dt7350, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Better to handle full house recoil than standard GP100's, eight rounds instead of six or seven, smoother spring system for double action, and needless to say, Ruger Custom Shop. The Tommy Gun and the BAR were ugly in the eyes of many, but what they could do, was truly awesome...

Don't let looks fool yer mind. If it works better than most others, there's a reason it's worth havin'.

OldPaladin1949
Just so I'm sure that I understand what you said, you're comparing this ugly as sin Ruger to the classic, and beautiful, "Tommy Gun" and Browning Automatic Rifles?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as mistaken and wrong as it might be. ;) :p

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the shooter... To me, having had experience with the original Python, I'm not impressed with what improvements that might have been made. Sorry, but I don't believe Colt, or even S&W, can equal a properly setup Ruger...

Yeah, the Python is shiny and flashy- sorta like gun "bling," but when the chips are down, Ruger will still be up and running...
I'll refer you to my post above, about your opinions. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm glad you like these revolvers, and find them anything other then butt ugly.

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder (god knows this revolver proves it to me), but if Ruger can sell these, and even more importantly if they can bring new and younger shooters to revolvers, then I will agree with you!

Viva la Difference!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts