Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I emailed Ruger to find out if they had any suggestions for why my .44 consistently shoots several inches left no matter the load, the shooter, etc. Their suggestion was for me to send it in. How long is acceptable for them to have my firearm without updating me on what is going on with it. Its going on a month or better and I have not heard anything. Just curious what the normal protocall would be and figured you guys would know. thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I figured instead of dwelling on this I will just call them and find out what the status is. Same as 3 weeks ago. "Your gun has been received and checked in but is still waiting for evaluation" I asked if they had an approx. time frame of when it may be evaluated. "No I do not". Is it normal for it to take a month for a gun that you suggested that I send to you to be looked at? "No, normally our turnaround is two weeks"
Am I not being patient enough here or do I have a right to get irritated at this point?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ruger CS is still great once an issue is all done, but it is taking them entirely too long. They really need to work on reducing their turnaround time. Ruger quality and customer service are their hallmark; they don't want people saying, "Used to be".

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try starting from the top (call or write the CEO) and let them work down to resolve your issue. I would find the answer you recieved unacceptable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody have any idea how to get a number to do so. Im sure they will give me the run around if I call and ask to speak to someone higher up. Im trying not to be too pushy because it is an older gun but they are the ones that suggested I send it in in the first place. I have wanted to deer hunt with it since I bought it and have never been able to do so due to the accuracy problem and it looks like this season will be the same story. I have been the biggest advocate for Ruger with all of my gun enthusiast friends ( I have several) but now Im starting to get disappointed. I have been biting my tongue on the issues I have had with my new SR22 and hoped they would work themselves out. Even if they dont, I dont know now if I would want to send it in anyway. Good thing I dont somehow make my living with my .44 or my two kids would be starving!!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I sent a Redhawk in twice for the same reason. Shooting way left when the rear sight was all the way to the right. If I remember right the second trip took close to 8 weeks. This was several years back. I didn't hear anything about it and it reappeared one day with Big Brown

If you want to contact Mike Fifer here's a direct link to it.
Ruger - Tell the CEO

I've been in touch with Mr. Fifer a few times and he makes it happen. He's a Great guy.

They might end up overhauling your SBH. they replaced my barrel , cylinder, crane and misc internal parts. Of course you're doesn't have the swing out cylinder. Be patient. You know they received it and just from reading in this forum they are swamped with repairs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tell the CEO

Tell the CEO does work. I had a Mark III Competition that I sent for repair. I called 3 times with no usable info. After about 6-7 weeks I used "Tell the CEO" not really believing it would help. I sent my message @ 4 a.m. on Thursday, by 11:30 a.m. (8:30 a.m. Arizona time I received a call apologizing and they were investigating. By noon Fri. I had the pistol back in my hands in Virginia repaired. I used this as a last resort but it was effective.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
My Sp101 shot low and left and I finally called, was sent an overnight UPS label and it shipped to NH on August 21st. It was delivered back to me 2nd Day Air UPS and at my door on August 31st. Re-indexed barrel, replaced the pawl and checked things I didn't even ask them to, test-fired and incuded a copy of the target. Shoots great now. Total turnaround 10 days. I don't know how things work at Ruger and maybe the SBH guy is swamped and the SP101 guy isn't so busy? Sorry to hear yours is taking so long.

·
Registered
210 Posts
They're trying to get it right. They probably start with the newest guy, and if he can't figure it out it keeps moving towards their top guys. I'll bet they're going tn get it shooting straight.

·
Registered
133 Posts
UPS says that Ruger is supposed to ship my birdshead New Vaquero back today. Day 50 in their hands.

First they replaced the barrel, and then they had to do some other "work" that they never explained.

Their communications suck. I just hope the issue is resolved.
(Shooting low/left with fixed sights)

You can check out my thread on the issue......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess that is the biggest thing is the communications. If it takes a while to get it fixed I can deal with that but why cant anyone communicate with me what is going on with me having to pry it out of them. I work in a service department (manager) at a chevy dealer and if i had a customers car in for repairs for a month without informing them what was happening with it (even if i called just to say we cant figure it out), we would be out of business. The part that pissed me off was when I politely asked if they had an ETA of when they may be evaluating it and the gentlemen says "No I do not" he then tells me he will have the technician call me which has never happened. I guess I just feel a little betrayed that I have been their biggest advocate and now feel like they are treating me like Im just another number on a graph.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I guess that is the biggest thing is the communications. If it takes a while to get it fixed I can deal with that but why cant anyone communicate with me what is going on with me having to pry it out of them. I work in a service department (manager) at a chevy dealer and if i had a customers car in for repairs for a month without informing them what was happening with it (even if i called just to say we cant figure it out), we would be out of business. The part that pissed me off was when I politely asked if they had an ETA of when they may be evaluating it and the gentlemen says "No I do not" he then tells me he will have the technician call me which has never happened. I guess I just feel a little betrayed that I have been their biggest advocate and now feel like they are treating me like Im just another number on a graph.
If something like that happened to one of your customers wouldn't you as the manager like to be made aware of it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Received my .44 back yesterday. Everything seems ok. They said the barrel needed tightened resulting in the front sight being canted to the side one way. After I posted on here and then called them, I received a call back the following day from the tech telling me it was done. I took everyones advice and utilized that link to contact Mike. I had asked the woman I originally talked to at Ruger if their was a possibility of getting some assistance with the $60 it cost to Fed Ex the gun to them. She said there was a possibility and to include a note in with the gun requesting it. I never got any kind of answer back with the gun. I sent a note to Mike this morning and explained what had happened. In my head I was thinking asking for some assistance with the shipping may be somewhat acceptable based on the chain of events that happened but maybe Im trying to get too much and should be satisfied with what took place. I guess we will see but I appreciate everyone's suggestions. thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a call from Ruger yesterday and they are covering my shipping expenses no questions asked. You cant ask for much more than that. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions. Im sure I was a pain in the a$$ for the people on the other end of the phone but they still came through and I will continue to buy Rugers as a result of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts