Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick review on this bag I purchased...

I got it from Modern Sporting Rifle Tactical Bag-ShopRuger

I was looking for a decent case. Nothing special. I got like 3 20% off codes from buying Ruger firearms and figured I would see what Ruger had to offer.

It's a solid bag. Doesn't feel very strong or of high quality but it is priced accordingly.

The magazine pockets on the inside will only hold one 30 round mag each. I tried to position two mags (30 round mags), multiple ways, into one pocket but it just wouldn't work. It may work with two 20 round mags but I don't have any 20 rounders to try out. There is one big pocket on the outside you can throw mags in but I figure it's better reserved for ammo, cleaning supplies, and any small tools you may need with you at the range.

The firearm is held very solid by 3 velcro straps and they are placed/designed perfectly for the Ruger AR's.

One thing I don't like, the bag is about an inch too short to allow me to leave the butt stock in the position to where I can just grab it and go, if needed. I have to adjust the stock one position shorter than where I use it.

I also got a T-Shirt :) It was on sale for $10 so I figured why not...

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
My SR556 came in one and I purchased a second one for my SR22 rifle.

I really like them. I leave them in the bags in the safe and they fit great behind the seat in the car. Also lots of room for Mags etc.

Plus 1 on a little to short I you to collapse the stock to get the gun in the bag.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good to me.to me.
If you're looking for something cheap to perform a simple function, it is something to consider :)

That's the bag that my SR-556 came in.
For free or less than $25 it's not bad.
My SR556 came in one and I purchased a second one for my SR22 rifle.

I really like them. I leave them in the bags in the safe and they fit great behind the seat in the car. Also lots of room for Mags etc.

Plus 1 on a little to short I you to collapse the stock to get the gun in the bag.
So this bag comes with the SR series AR's? Not bad considering my AR556 came in cardboard lined with the thinnest foam possible lol.

Nice looking bag. Is there much padding?
Not really. Maybe 3/4 of an inch... If I was holding it by the handle and it fell out my hand, I would worry about it. If it got knocked off a table or something, I'd cross my fingers...

EDIT: Website says 1/2 inch of foam padding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts