Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - I`m new here and have just stumbled across this forum

I`m also new to guns and am waiting on my licences to come through, I`ve got a selection of guns I wanna buy when it does, one of which will be a Ruger 10/22 which I plan to convert into a full tactical

I looked at the SR22 option but decided I liked the ATI Tactlite kit more aesthetically so I`m gonna go that direction - some questions:

1) I plan to buy a Ruger 10/22 Tactical with the flash hider on the end of the barrel, I assume that is screwed on and can be removed/replaced?

2) From the research I have done it seems that the full length of an 10/22 in the ATI kit is 34" which means there'll be around 4-5" of barrel exposed by my calculations, I plan to fit a (hopefully screw on) barrel shroud which will look like a fake suppressor which will completely cover the barrel back to inside the ATI kit - can anyone confirm that a 6" shroud will completely cover the barrel and fit inside the ATI kit?

3) Like I said previously I`m brand new and know zero about scopes/red dots - what do others typically do on these builds? Red dot or scope? From the brief look Ive had I think I`m leaning red dot. Whichever way I go is it better to get something with flip up lens covers so the unit is protected when not in use?

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey folks - I`m new here and have just stumbled across this forum

I`m also new to guns and am waiting on my licences to come through, I`ve got a selection of guns I wanna buy when it does, one of which will be a Ruger 10/22 which I plan to convert into a full tactical

I looked at the SR22 option but decided I liked the ATI Tactlite kit more aesthetically so I`m gonna go that direction - some questions:

1) I plan to buy a Ruger 10/22 Tactical with the flash hider on the end of the barrel, I assume that is screwed on and can be removed/replaced?

2) From the research I have done it seems that the full length of an 10/22 in the ATI kit is 34" which means there'll be around 4-5" of barrel exposed by my calculations, I plan to fit a (hopefully screw on) barrel shroud which will look like a fake suppressor which will completely cover the barrel back to inside the ATI kit - can anyone confirm that a 6" shroud will completely cover the barrel and fit inside the ATI kit?

3) Like I said previously I`m brand new and know zero about scopes/red dots - what do others typically do on these builds? Red dot or scope? From the brief look Ive had I think I`m leaning red dot. Whichever way I go is it better to get something with flip up lens covers so the unit is protected when not in use?

Thanks in advance guys
117 views and no answers so I`m gonna update with what I`ve found out

1) My research suggests it can be removed and will then accept the shroud I`m thinking of

2) Not sure - looks like I`ll have to wait until the rifle is in the ATI kit and measure - only way to be sure

3) I began a separate thread in the Optics section of the forum and they've given me some great pointers

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You're asking for specific feedback about a newer ATI kit and fake suppressor setup. I don't have that stock, nor would I ever buy a fake suppressor. So I can't answer your question. Most likely everyone who read your post has no factual info for you. I will say the the thread on the tactical stock is the same as an AR 5.56/.223 so a suppressor will thread on fine. Sorry I have no useful info for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're asking for specific feedback about a newer ATI kit and fake suppressor setup. I don't have that stock, nor would I ever buy a fake suppressor. So I can't answer your question. Most likely everyone who read your post has no factual info for you. I will say the the thread on the tactical stock is the same as an AR 5.56/.223 so a suppressor will thread on fine. Sorry I have no useful info for you.
Problem is, in my locality, real suppressors are banned so it has to be a fake (the 10/22 has an awfully skinny looking barrel) to beef things up a bit but thanks for your input

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
You can go two ways on a Ruger 10/22 Tactical either buy one or make one. I made one because the Tactical units are hard to find. I found a good buy on a Ruger 50th Anniversary model then bought a ATI Tactical Stock at Cabela's. My 10/22 I bought for $180.00 the ATI stock $100.00. The price on the Ruger 10/22 at Cabela's is $399.99 by the time I bought my UTG Bug Buster Scope I was at $400.00. So I enjoyed putting mine together the ATI stock is a nice option!

·
Just minding my business
376 Posts
I never understood why a full tactical 22LR. If and when I finally get a 10/22, all I want for it is a 30-Carbine replica stock and sites. Now that would be cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts