Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All
I am new to the forum and this is my 1st post. I purchased the TakeDown and was curious if i mounted a scope to it if it would shoot accurate after it was taken down and put back together. I purchased the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm BDC 150 Reticle Matte part 6725. I also purchased the Leupold 1" QRW Quick-Release Weaver-Style Rings Matte Medium part 49856 so that removal of the scope was quick and easy. I leveled and sighted in the scope @ 50 yards the 1st time and was able to shoot the bottoms of 12 gauge shotgun shells with pine point accuracy @ 50 yards. I then broke the gun down removing the barrel, scope and receiver. Then i put it all back together and She (The TakeDown) was still sighted in, and again was able to shoot the bottoms of 12 gauge shotgun shells at 50 yards with pin point accuracy. I love this set up and am preparing to mount a bi pod to my ProMag Barrel Band with Picatinny Rails Ruger 10/22 part PM185. as well as a sling. I will let you know how that go's. the reason for this post was that i ws not able to find this info anywhere and wanted it to be known that it was possible to do this. I'm still waiting to see (its in the mail) how well the Promag PM185 fits the Takedown and ill let you know. Because the TakeDown is so new finding info on this gun and the after market parts that will fit it, is a bit challenging.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best purchase I've made in quite a while was the TD. I leave my Simmons scope on and it never changes accuracy. Very consistent and fits in the bag nicely. I may look into the quick release rings also just because. Let me know about the barrel band, because I want to do the same thing with a bipod. I made a pretty nice adjustable paracord sling for my current set up with quick disconnect buckle that is on page 8 of show off your build in the 10/22 forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best purchase I've made in quite a while was the TD. I leave my Simmons scope on and it never changes accuracy. Very consistent and fits in the bag nicely. I may look into the quick release rings also just because. Let me know about the barrel band, because I want to do the same thing with a bipod. I made a pretty nice adjustable paracord sling for my current set up with quick disconnect buckle that is on page 8 of show off your build in the 10/22 forum.
I should have my Promag barrel waiting for me at home after work, and ill let you guys know how it fits. I spoke to the tech guy at Promag and he said it would fit just like the traditional 10/22's but we'll see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The 10/22TD is a Very Nice package.

I'am using it as a bug out gun & bag, and holds extra BX25 mags and my SR22P pistol & mags fits in the Bag that came with the 10/22 Take Down Rifle along with plenty of ammo.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I'm looking at buying one of those too. Just read a review where they said a scope can be mounted, packed in the carrying case mounted, fits fine, and stays accurate.

Ruger 10/22 Takedown Review - Guns & Ammo
that's how i've got mine setup. barrel goes in one of the skinny sleeves, everything else in the big sleeve, and the end of the scope just barely makes it in there to close the whole thing. a little awkward but no biggie. everything still zips up all nice and neat, and i don't have to remount the scope. hoping to take that up to the range also tomorrow (along with a few other toys i haven't played with in a month or so). honestly, i've had more issues sighting it in than worrying about the scope and everything fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts