Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys
Today I picked up the replacement gun a Ruger GP100 that they sent to my LGS. Ruger is great for customer service. This gun I requested after all the problems with two TALO SP101's returned to them for repair. Here is a picture of the gun they sent.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
AVG,
Glad you received the replacement. I Love my GP100. I also have the TALO SP101 and had to go back and read the problems you have had with yours. Mine is brand new and the only thing that I notice on mine so far (unfired) is that when I swing the cylinder closed I do not rotate it by hand I usually pull the hammer back and rotate the cylinder in position that way (when not loaded) it helps to keep the ring off the cylinder.
When this done my cylinder is very hard to cock the hammer back and the cylinder feels like it is locked up. After reading you're threads I am hoping that after a lot of use mine will free and loosen up.
Good Luck on you're new GP100 "Great Gun"

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nice! I like the Wiley Clapp models but now that the 1708 is back I'll probably opt for that if they're still around when I have the dough.

Hey how come you got 5 shot speed strips for your six shooter? :confused: :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
That is a beauty. I have many Rugers but am void of a GP. I have a total of 5 .357's and have been telling myself I don't need another but dang that 3" fixed sight GP keeps calling me.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Now that's customer service! Glad to see they went above and beyond for you. Your gonna love the Wiley Clapp!

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Excellent replacement and good on Ruger CS!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Whiley Clapp GP100 as well. It's an absolute Joy to shoot. The trigger is amazing. I was making solid groups from as far as about 50 yards. My old 5" GP100 never did that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts