Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry I feel bad but I bought a Glock 19 For years I said I would not buy anthing but Ruger I have owned and fired P89 for ever it seems . Never a problem but I wanted a lighter 9 . At last the SR9 my wife has seen me covet one since the talk started .
Well I am not buying one then wait months for them to fix it. Why are they still selling them? If you have to send them back.
Well I fired the G19 and it shoots great , the trigger reset will take some time . :mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a G19 along side my SR9,they both are fun to shoot.As for the SR9 issues I would buy again if they chance came up,great gun that shoots accurate and no troubles.But I understand the G19 is hard to pass up..

·
Registered
193 Posts
I personally think the Glock 19 is an outstanding weapon. It's my favorite auto. The more you shoot it the more you'll love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I own a G19 along side my SR9,they both are fun to shoot.As for the SR9 issues I would buy again if they chance came up,great gun that shoots accurate and no troubles.But I understand the G19 is hard to pass up..
Oh I want the sr9 really badly I just not going to buy and then send it in for a problem that they know exist.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I didn't switch to glock, but i did go to their competitor Springfield.... I just picked up a XD9sc.... So far i like it, but for something of it's size, it seems pretty heavy, but i got it for like 467 OTD...
Here's a pic of my P95 with it's new little brother:

·
Banned
723 Posts
The Glock 19 is the "best one they make" IMHO.

I own one and even carry it sometimes, but I prefer other weapons if I have a choice. One thing you can do to make the Trigger "feel" better is put a NY1 Trigger in. It more replicates a Revolver's Trigger and gives a faster reset. Some people like the 3.5# Trigger Bar with the NY1 as well.

I used a 3.5# Trigger Bar and a NY1, but went back to the "stock" Trigger Bar and the NY1. The one thing I hate about a Glock is the factory trigger.

Biker

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Glock 17, 19, and 22 pistols are fine weapons, and you can depend on them with your life.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The thing I like the best about my Glock 19 and 29 other than never having a failure of any kind is the great aftermarket support. Though most of my guns are Rugers I always say the best gun for a person is the one that works for them ... handling, accuracy, dependability. So I don't have a problem sucking it up and declaring that I too tread of the dark side every once in a while.

Ed :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im sorry I feel bad but I bought a Glock 19 For years I said I would not buy anything but Ruger..
Absolutely no reson to feel bad.

Three-screw Ruger .357 Blackhawk, .41 magnum Blackhawk and an Old Army are my first guns.

They are not my only guns.

I also have have some S&Ws and a Beretta in my fleet.

They all serve the purpose, which is to make me happy! :D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I personally don't like Glocks. They do not sit well in my hand. I have fired a friends, two models, and had to hold my hand in an unnatural way to see the sights.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Very good choice. Variety is what makes it fun. I have a G23. Would like a 19 someday. I too, have gone with a couple XD's. There are so many quality guns out there. Some work for some and some don't. Give us some pics when you have time. And a range report.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I originally owned a P95 and did love shooting it. But it was too big to carry concealed. I traded it in and bought a G27 and haven't looked back. I love my Glock.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Glocks have no soul.
Neither do Colts, Smiths, Taurus, Springfield, or even Ruger. They're tools. When I want to hammer a nail, I get the right tool for the job; I'll admit I've developed quite a fondness for my Plumb, but it's still just an excellent tool.;)

The Glock is an excellent tool, and has its place. I have one. I also have a Colt Combat Commander (along with other weapons, including several Rugers), but these two do most of the duty.

With regards to the Glock, the trigger gets much, MUCH better with use, as everything gets smoothed up. Or, you can take a polishing wheel (small) and accelerate that smoothing process.

I disagree with the NY1 making the G19 more like a revolver. To me, it makes it stack much, MUCH more just before the break; the break is supposedly then at 8 lb. instead of the 5.5-ish with the standard configuration. I also tried the 3.5 connector with the standard spring, as well as the NY1. TOOO LIGHT with the standard spring. With the NY1 spring, it felt much more like a revolver, but was, IMO, too mushy. I like the two-stage feel of the standard setup, or the NY1 with the standard connector. But that's just me.

I also changed out the serrated G19 trigger for a smooth G17 trigger. I highly recommend that, but I prefer smooth triggers on all my weapons, including the 1911 even. The serrated trigger is one of the things I don't like about XD's.

I've been toying with the idea of getting another Glock, a G23. Even in spite of the .40 Glocks' legendary ka-BOOM-ing. I'm a huge Glock fan, in spite of only owning one. Interesting... my two favorites are brands that I own only one of.... :confused:

Oh by the way, not trying to get snotty with you, wetidlerjr, with the first part of my post. Just having some fun. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
My feeling on Glocks is that they are a plausible practical choice.
If the grip, action, etc. suits you, then they are an excellent weapon.

Otherwise I agree with wetidlerjr. No soul.
They'll never really be more than merely a weapon, and there are other "just weapons" that would suit me better were I to need one.
Sometimes that's enough, but I can't imagine *collecting* them. eek.

If I want to collect plastic toys I have plenty of 1st generation Transformers in storage from when I was a kid. ;-)

Good luck with your new Glock, Heckles!

-Daizee

·
Registered
129 Posts
No weapons have personalities...they are simply tools. Oh, sure, we have our preferances. I love my M1 Garand...but carried the M16A2 for twenty-two years...and found it a very fine tool.

I believe everyone should own one of every weapon brand or at least most.

My GP100 is a very fine revolver...and you know what...the G26 is a very fine carry weapon...small, accurate and very reliable.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've owned a good number of semi-autos, and one day bought a G19C to see what all the Glock hype was about.

At first I thought 'big deal', but the longer I shoot it, the more appreciation I and respect I have for it's engineers and design. I've put several thousand rounds thru it, it's still incredibly accurate, and shows almost no wear (really, almost none!). The finish on the inside and outside of the slide is just as black as the day I took it home. The finish on the barrel is just finally starting to get thin in the spots most barrels wear shiny after the first 100 rounds. It has never hiccuped even once with factory ammo.

If the poo ever hits the propeller, I want my GLOCK!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts