Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger m77 Mark ll stainless with zyntel stock got it out to shoot after I had the trigger worked on and it’s shooting no groups at 100 yrs? Crazy! More or less spraying! So I done some research and found the front screw is supposed to bet torque at 95 in lbs then hand tighten rear screw, then proceeding to the middle screw then back of the rear and middle screws 1/8 a turn thankfully it’s grouping again but not quite as tight as it used to? The front was less than 70 in lbs when I started the center and rear were pretty tight. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice having dealt with this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry my spelling! No groups at 100 yards! Unless you wanna say 6in is a group!Lol,and after tightening the rear then middle screw ,back them off 1/8 turn

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
So I’m guessing you got it set to 95 ip, (7.92fp). I also have a stainless Zytel M77, what I did at the range was to torque-tune the rear screw. The middle one is just snug, (not tight) and it stays that way. The tightness of the rear one is important though.

I started with the rear one snug and shot one, tighten it down a little more and shot again. I could see the group tighten up as I shot. I can’t tell you how many shots it’s gonna take to get there though, I’ve done this to all my M77’s not just the boat paddle and it’s worked for me. They all shoot sub MOA if I do my part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mark204! I torqued front screw to said setting 95in lbs and hand tightened the other two leaving the middle snug back the rear off a bit got it grouping pretty good again,gonna tweet on it some more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts