Ruger Forum banner

Ruger Vaquero Birdshead ¡¡Pics!!

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Neon Horse 
#1 · (Edited)
So, I was offered this fine Vaquero. I couldn't say no. And now I have it!

Stainless Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in 45 ACP.

I'm going to polish it up a bit. The previous owner's grubby fingerprints are all over it. Can you guess who's it was? It smells like Cerakote... :D

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW! That is FANTASTIC! Those are the best SA revolvers ever made and you have one of the most rare versions! It's a TALO Distributor Exclusive and there was something like only 600 ever made! You are unbelievably fortunate to have obtained such a fine firearm. You will be shooting one big, ragged golf ball size hole at 25 yards, standing, using just your weak hand (in your case that could be either hand) with that gun. It's like they have a laser built in or something. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

MAJOR SCORE!!!!

(And it's an American gun made by Americans for Americans and not some commie gun that shoots that weird metric ammo.)

#9 ·
from my (limited) experience, the birdsheads feel and point much better on short barrels. I had a 4 5/8" birdshead .357 vaquero and it was nice to handle until I started fondling some of the talo ones like above. the slightly shorter barrel made a world of difference. I cant imagine how a 6" birds head would feel.

#11 ·
Nice score.....

Reactions: Neon Horse
#22 ·
I just put a standard Blackhawk hammer in it tonight, it handles a lot better for me with it.
thats one of the few gripes i have about mine....
my big ole fat hand can get under that low profile hammer
thats a SBH hammer isnt it?
it doesnt bother but doesnt feel right
i dont want to change it though as it already sticks into my belly when im in the car with it (remember "Verity" is my every day carry)

so i guess its not a gripe its just that im a fat OF :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.