Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy, new to the forum and just thought I'd show off one of my cooler Rugers. It started out at a original Vaquero Sheriffs model in .45 colt. My good friend who no longer works on guns performed all the custom work. Barrel has been cut to 2.5" and Smith and Wesson front sight installed. Aluminum ejector rod housing with custom ejector rod and base pin. Fully fluted cylinder, loading gate recreated into a flatgate, DA style thumbrest. Gripframe narrowed and skelotinized and custom fitted Sambar stag grips finish it off. I bead blasted it when all the work was complete. It's my woods bumming gun and I carry it in a custom pancake holster or a custom kydex rig both strong side SOB carry. It gets a lot of looks whenever I have it at the range and it's a little fire breather. The shop that my buddy worked out of on his property was surrounded by 40 acres of swamp that we used to bum around on so Swamp Angel was a fitting name for her. Hope you enjoy.

·
Banned
785 Posts
Can you show a photo of how far a fired case is lifted from the back end of the cylinder by the short ejector rod.

I typically cut the barrels to 3.5 to 3.75 and get around 3/8 to 1/2" of lift, plenty to pluck them out if raising the barrel won't drop them free.

I always wondered if 2.5 inches or so would give enough lift to pluck em out.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Very cool "Swamp Angel."

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm really diggin your custom pistola.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Love the gun but I'm curious why you went with the S&W front sight.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Very nicely done, it shows a lot of thought and a lot of skill. Since it looks like a practical carry piece I'm assuming you're packing it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts