Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my model 1283 on the Ruger sight and bought it just minutes before the CT school shooting. Could it be that it's too assaultish looking for the younger gender in some folks eyes?

·
Registered
422 Posts
NOT A PISTOL GRIP:eek: Is that the tactical barrel? Very clean looking 10/22. I wonder if people rushed to buy up the archangel 556 stocks?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno about barrel other than 16.25in with flash supressor.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Love the muzzle brake on the 10/22 - looks very cool! Does it anything functionally when shooting the rifle?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the muzzle brake on the 10/22 - looks very cool! Does it anything functionally when shooting the rifle?
I've not even shot it yet. Hope to very soon.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
They don't keep all of them on the site forever. Generally, once a run, a contract is fully shipped the model will remain for a while but eventually will be taken down.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They don't keep all of them on the site forever. Generally, once a run, a contract is fully shipped the model will remain for a while but eventually will be taken down.
You are probably correct. Just with the black gun hate going on just made me wonder.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
You are probably correct. Just with the black gun hate going on just made me wonder.
Were that the case, all the SR-556 models and Mini-14 models would have been removed as well. Gun manufacturers aren't the ones that want to take their products out of the market nor try and hide them. They want to sell their products not hide them away just to be politically correct.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That was a dealer exclusive anyway. Contract just probably ran out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice looking. I picked up a Mini-14 Tactical about a month ago. I figure it's definitely a "troubled" gun. Adjustable stock, side fold, pistol grip, flash suppressor. Damn, missing a bayonnet mount. I picked it up for around $675. I see them now on Gunbroker getting close to $1700.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm almost scared to shoot mine any more, since watching pierce morgan on cnn, i had no idea my ruger could turn on me and my family at any time.:eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! I'm going to get a bi-pod for mine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yea, I actually do, spring thru late fall we average about 1,000 rounds a month through our five 22's.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just picked up a model 1284. Judging from your picture, it looks like the only difference between the 1283 and the 1284 is the barrel leanth. 1284 has the 18.5 inch barrel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just picked up a model 1284. Judging from your picture, it looks like the only difference between the 1283 and the 1284 is the barrel leanth. 1284 has the 18.5 inch barrel.
Correct my 1283 is 16 inch. Also think the 1284 has sights if I'm not mistaken. I'm ready to shoot mine it's ashame I've not even fired it yet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes, the 1284 does have sights. I switched to the angled stock and added a scope. I also ordered a folding bipod and a laser for mine. I have not shot it yet either. Good luck with yours.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
These very good rifles are no available in NJ and were not prior to the CT shooting. In Nj we cannot buy any semiauto rifle with a folding or collapsing stock and no mag over 15 rounds and no muzzlebreak on a semi auto.

·
Registered
357 Posts
In my case it was not the 10/22 I was looking for. I wanted either an SR-22 or a base carbine that I could convert to an M1 carbine. After looking fo a while for any 10/22, I stumbled onto the 1284. I jumped on it and no doubt it is growing on me. It reminds my of an M1 tactical carbine of sorts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts