Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new handgun shooter and wanted to find a nice ccw choice and I decided on the LCR 357.

Last month I picked up the SR22 to have some fun without the cost of .38 Special and .357 ammo. Great fun by the way. Just got home from putting 500 rounds of .22LR through it. :D

Here's my question. What's your Ruger wish list? What's the next one to add to your quiver and why? Here's mine in order.

LCR .357 - Done. Wanted a light, reliable revolver for ccw.
SR22 - Done. Wanted some plinking fun and to get used to a semi-auto.
SR9c - Want another carry choice. Probably adding it this week.
10/22 Takedown - Who doesn't need a .22LR? Plus I can pack it in anywhere.
SR1911 - Shot this and loved it. Amazing gun.
SP101 - Because you always need more than one revolver.
22/45 Lite - Would love to add a scope on it.
Maybe a rifle after that.

Thought I would enjoy thinking about this rather than the election.

Attachments

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Only a couple of Rugers on my wish list at the moment.

A Speed Six 9mm or an SP101 .22.

Still trying to decide whether I want a vintage SP as opposed to the new one.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Wish list.....
Don't even go there, we don't have enough time..... :D

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
My Ruger wish list is almost a bottomless pit: Single Nine, stainless Bearcat, GP-100 6", SB Hunter, Redhawk 4", Single Six Hunter, Red Label 20 gauge, Ruger #3, Ruger #1 and I'm just getting warmed up. I got it bad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In order, 10/22 takedown, LC9, SP101, SR 1911. I already have the SR9c and 22/45 MKIII and love them both! Need to get me some more Rugers soon! ;)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Right now, I am leaning toward adding an LCR .38 Spl. +P and an SR22...someday...

(but don't say anything to the Mrs. :D )

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got to play with the SR1911 again today. That might bump in front of the 10/22 Takedown. :D

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
A second SP101 3". I have too many revolvers (Ruger, S&W, and old Colts), but the SP101 in 3" is my favorite shooter

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Ruger American in .308 mainly for hunting of animals that are not deer in MA and it also has its place in a SHTF, BUG out, survival scenarios.

SR1911-I don't think I need to explain why I want this!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LCR .38 +P
SR5.56
American Rifle .308
GSR
SR40c
ETC, ETC....
I would suggest that you look into the LCR .357 model. Speaking from experience it's really nice having the extra ammo choice. Not much more $ either.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ruger Scout Rifle .308..... 20" heavy barrel with 1/10 twist. I know they don't have one but I'm hoping it's in the making in the near future. :)

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Only a couple of Rugers on my wish list at the moment: an SP101 .22...Still trying to decide whether I want a vintage SP as opposed to the new one.
JimB120...I have a 4" SP101 in .22lr...it's an older 6-shot version...and I wouldn't trade it for the world (wait a minute, if I traded it for the world, I would get it back as I would have everything, right)...which is what it would take for me to trade it!

The guys I know who have the new version...prefer the older version...they say it's just better!!!

My wish list...Ruger Scout Rifle in .308...Ruger SR1911...Ruger SR556...that'll cover it!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts