Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well are there grips in wood, Diamond Back, that fit?
The ones posted fit and fit very well, the frame is even all the way around. If someone expects them to be prefect flush they are delusional at best when purchasing a production based firearm. The pic angle may show shadow of uneven, they are even. Not flush like you would find in a custom firearm.

The single photos the grips are not bolted to the firearm just laying on the fire arm for pic reference. The trio pic the grips are bolted and even all the way around the frame. FYI

·
Registered
231 Posts
The ones posted fit and fit very well, the frame is even all the way around. If someone expects them to be prefect flush they are delusional at best when purchasing a production based firearm. The pic angle may show shadow of uneven, they are even. Not flush like you would find in a custom firearm.

The single photos the grips are not bolted to the firearm just laying on the fire arm for pic reference. The trio pic the grips are bolted and even all the way around the frame. FYI
Thanks...

·
One Star
9,504 Posts
I will second the group you picked BigAl624.

·
Registered
83 Posts

I guess from your pics you can live with the poor fit. Go forth and be happy

·
Registered
92 Posts
BigAl - Nice job of showing the possible combinations!! I don't have, nor want, a Wrangler, but I appreciate the effort you put into providing pics for all the variations. I'm sure that will help some folks who are considering grip upgrades. Well done.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the post. I was hoping someone would post their Wranglers with "upgraded" grips. I'd also like to wee what others have done with other sources like Chigs. Nice job on you selection. Now I just have to find a Wrangler to get my hands on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They all look great. Seems like switching them around could have been therapeutic.
Funny you say that, it was therapeutic. // As I was comparing them (For myself) I had seen on the forum some asking about different variations.

Thanks Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
grips

BigAl624,
when you bought the grips were they designated XR3 or XR3RED and was your wrangler frame stamped with any designation ?
showme 22

·
Registered
48 Posts
This post is very helpful. I just joined today hoping to find some pics as I bought a black wrangler recently and wanted to change the grips - but I wanted to see grip/gun color combos first and here they are! I went with the rosewood 19882. That just looks awesome - very traditional to me anyway. Maybe classic is a better word. Anyhow I put that 20% coupon Ruger sends you to work today ordering the grips and a holster.

Thanks again for posting these pics.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
This is one of the best threads ever! Really nice photos of the 3 different Wrangler revolvers with the different Ruger grips. Very helpful to future Wrangler owners and even fun to look at for the rest of us that don't have plans to buy a Wrangler. Well done.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Funny you say that, it was therapeutic. // As I was comparing them (For myself) I had seen on the forum some asking about different variations.

Thanks Al
They just put the Wrangler on the Maryland Handgun Roster. I will be coming back to look at your pictures once I finally have one in my arsenal! Still haven't made up my mind what color to get. May have to get one of each, like you did!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
They just put the Wrangler on the Maryland Handgun Roster. I will be coming back to look at your pictures once I finally have one in my arsenal! Still haven't made up my mind what color to get. May have to get one of each, like you did!
It's a bug! So simple, so affordable, and a blast to shoot. And its a wheel gun!!!!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts