Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I found a Silver Ruger Wrangler and it insisted on going home with me. I was finally able to make it to the outdoor range today. Here are my initial impressions: The gun is only 2 oz lighter than a Ruger Single Six with the same length barrel. It balances nicely and feels good in the hand. One complaint I've read is about how stiff the loading gate spring is. I either got an exception, or Ruger has listened and modified the spring in mid-production. The cylinder locks up tight, has negligible end shake and rounds load and unload easily. Trigger pull is a consistent 4.5 lbs, according to my trigger pull gage. It's smooth, has very little creep and breaks cleanly. That's really about perfect for a plinking or beginner's gun. I like it a little lighter and will probably do a "poor man's trigger job" on it. It only takes a couple of minutes.

I didn't punch much paper with it today. Almost all shooting was done on a 50 yard metallic silhouette. It is a heavy metal torso-sized target that "tinks" nicely when hit. I shot mostly one-handed strong hand and averaged at least 5 out of 6 hits. It definitely has "plinker" accuracy. Actually I think it is much better than that, but I'm pretty rusty. I'm sure it is easily capable of 100% hits at 50 yards. I did shoot one paper target at 25 yards with an impromptu rest with CCI Mini Mags and it grouped pretty well. I shot a hundred rounds through it, mostly Federal Auto Match and a few CCI's.

I think Ruger will sell a ton of these. They function and shoot well and just about anyone can afford one. (or 2) I apologize for the photos - they're cell phone pictures with no flash, so they came out dark and extra large.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Glad to hear you like yours. I happened on a black one today at Whittaker's for $179.00
Looking forward to letting the Grandkids try it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts