Ruger Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thought I’d share my experience with the Wrangler. I picked up a bronze one at the local Academy Sports last year around Thanksgiving. A trip to the range the next weekend had me thoroughly disappointed. Firing at 15 yards from a rest, the gun was shooting a foot low and left. Regardless of ammo type, and I ran about 10 different ones through it. Groups were 5 inches across. I emailed Ruger and the paid to ship the gun in for service. Two weeks later I get a NEW gun back, the original one being “un-repairable“. A trip to the range the next weekend and from 15 yards with a rest the new gun is shooting point of aim with groups under one inch. Much improved. It did cost me an extra $25 in transfer fees to get the new gun, making my total investment in a Wrangler be around $230 bucks, but I couldn’t be happier with my little cowboy pistol. I shot it in a Bullseye Pistol match last weekend, 90 rounds at 25 yards, one handed, some slow fire, some timed and rapid fire. Scored 794 with 24 X’s. Top of rimfire class and top score overall. A great little shooter. Highly recommend them. And Ruger customer services was a joy to deal with. I will be buying another one for my wife and probably one for my daughter in a couple of more years (she’s only 7).
We had one shoot about the same 5 inch spread low and left, traded off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
glad i got one

I sure like my Wrangler. 2000 +rds thunder bolt, blazer, Winchester all bulk I hope you all enjoy it as much as I.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We both love our Wranglers, mine has been a joy to shoot.

Attachments

101 - 104 of 104 Posts