Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follow up:
I got my money back but beware the site is still up and more than happy to take your order(money)
Ruger is aware of these FHJTR%heads using Ruger logos and product pictures, hell even doug koenigs picture is used.
They even have an about us tab that has them claiming they are Sturm-Ruger. Ive alerted everyone I can but the damn site is still there. It will never cease to amaze me how far a man will go to steal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It will take a while for takedown notice to be acted upon by the website’s Internet host. I also suspect that Ruger’s lawyers are examining other option. There are a few claims that could be made: trademark infringement, copyright infringement, defamation by misrepresentation, and I am sure a lawyer can probably add a half dozen others to the list.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
For those who don't know ... the real ruger site is shop ruger , I've just bought and recieved several things lately from this site and it is the real Ruger deal ... if this one is bogus yhey do a good job filling your order and shipping it promptly !
www.shopruger.com
Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
If a website only takes Zelle, Bitcoin, etc. and not credit cards that is a warning to stay away. None of those payment methods have a recourse for refunds due to fraud.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The FBI and justace department have internet fraud units.
That is where I would file complaints.
The USPS used to have a similar unit but not sure if they still do.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
If a website only takes Zelle, Bitcoin, etc. and not credit cards that is a warning to stay away. None of those payment methods have a recourse for refunds due to fraud.
Follow up:
I got my money back but beware the site is still up and more than happy to take your order(money)
Ruger is aware of these FHJTR%heads using Ruger logos and product pictures, hell even doug koenigs picture is used.
They even have an about us tab that has them claiming they are Sturm-Ruger. Ive alerted everyone I can but the damn site is still there. It will never cease to amaze me how far a man will go to steal.
If you read the "about us" tab closely you'll see they're speaking about Sturm Ruger in the third person. Pretty clever I might add. They do accept PayPal which is CC driven for recourse.

"Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines. For more than 70 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility."

I most certainly hope that Ruger is aware of this and the questionable business practices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts