Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rugers don't normally around my area bring alot of money when pawned and if sold bring less. That really works out for me as I like to buy them at a low price.
Now if I can just find a sp 101 all will be grand, I am still looking.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I use to buy Rugers at pawn shops. Once found a OM 357, BKH34 for $150. Now it seems they have dried up considerably. Lots of ugly off brand semis, but no six shooter Rugers.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Folks are catchin' on...a good old axe just needs a bit of sharpenin'...still a good axe!!!

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I picked up my KP89DC off pawn real cheap. I have a good word in with the pawn shop owners, and they call me anytime someone pawns/sells a Ruger.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep I beleive your right sheepdog folks are catching on. But its still fun to look, the hunt is half the fun to me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You guys are more easily pleased than I. Looking barely registers on my fun meter. Finding the right gun registers a little. Shooting, now thats where it's at.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The most recent guns I bought (both Rugers) came from a local pawn shop. Gotta go back a lil later today to see if they got something for the missus.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I hardly ever go into pawn shops. I never even think about it. I guess I should check them out more often. We don't really have any good ones here in town anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I bought my second KP345 from a pawn shop in Las Vegas. It was a keeper at a good price.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
glad I live in Texas where pawn shops can sell hand guns.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have looked at a lot of pawn shops in this area and usually find they want more for the used pawned stuff than I could get it new. I generally am looking for musical instruments but find the same true in firearms. One pawn shop in Northern Kentucky advertises themselves as a Glock dealer.
It's gettin just like EBay and everything. Everybody thinks what they have for sale is a Collector Item and worth a fortune. The magic word in instruments is 'Vintage' and that makes it worth more. True, the Vintage instruments Are worth more but 1980s ain't vintage!
I would love to get a deal on an older or used handgun and I love to work on them as much as anything. But even the flea market prices are nuts.
I also collect fishing lures and laugh at the people who sell plastic lures and call them antiques!
By the Grace of God and my two parents, I am a Kentuckian. I can drive to Bud's Gun Shop in 2 hours!

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I looked at a used 4" GP 100 in the pawn shop the other day. They had 5 or 6 just like it brand new and they were asking $439. The used one was priced at $419. Do you suppose the original owner got within $20 of his purchase price in trade? Not likely!

·
Registered
131 Posts
quote:Around here (north FL), used handguns are almost as expensive as new ones.
I found that to be true in SE Florida as well. Therefore I just got a Service Six on a local forum for $183, with an extra set of Pachmayr's, a holster, and a box of ammo. The gun looked terrible but is mechanically sound and shoots great. I reblued it with a rust blue and it looks pretty much like new.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts