Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remington R1 Enhanced with threades match barrel, Heinie sights, and killer trigger. Remington know how to ruin a 1911 and make it better! :cool:

It needs new grips though... these don't feel great. It's like holding a cheese grater. :eek:

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
That's not so bad looking. Barrel swaps are easy and so are sights and grips. You have Cerakote skills too so I bet you can fix all the glaring problems and make that a decent shooter for 2 - 3 hundred bucks or so.

Don't give up hope.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Did you win the lottery, or what? At least you are spending wisely.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Since you obviously don't want the pistol, I'll buy it off you for 50 dollars? I'll even let you pay for the shipping to my ffl.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, no winning the lottery. Just trying to do some picture threads while on vacation. I've sold and traded off a bunch of stuff the past few months. This 1911 is newer, but I sold an AR to get it some time back.

The CZ was a new acquisition. The rest I have put back in their boxes and taken pictures (something I didn't do when I got them).

Rodrick, I am going to hold onto it and see if Waveform's suggestions make it better before I ship it to you ;) :D

·
One Star
10,381 Posts
Nice looking 1911,congrats.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
With all of the New acquisitions you have showing us I really was wondering if You did in deed hit the Lottery?
Them be some fine pieces you have there.
Enjoy them and best of Luck with Them.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I hit the lottery! Most of these aren't new. Just doing an unboxing thread for them for fun. This 1911 is newer but I had to sell stuff to get it.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Aren’t those G10 grips on your R1? I have a SS R1 Enhanced that came with G10 grips and I don’t find them abrasive at all. I don’t blame you for wanting to keep it, You will find it to be a solid well built and accurate 1911.

Attachments

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks great!

Mine are some kind of wood. The texture is pretty rough compared to many other grips. I could probably give a light sanding. They don't look bad. I wouldn't mind slimmer grips, however

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am eyeing a R1 at my local store. Are they decent guns or have they gone the way of the other freedom arms products? It's a good looking/ feeling gun.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The R1 seems rock solid. Favorable reviews and personally mine is great. I also picked up a Remington RM380 today (it was $99 new!) And it seems top notch. I was careful when getting both. They seem fine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The R1 seems rock solid. Favorable reviews and personally mine is great. I also picked up a Remington RM380 today (it was $99 new!) And it seems top notch. I was careful when getting both. They seem fine.
Thanks. I was looking for an excuse to not buy it but I guess I'm going to be a new owner. Good looking 1911 by the way.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
That's a nice one !

I have one made in NY, I think it's ,a 2015 the standard (GI) model. It's been a great shooter and reliable, no issues. I did put the long (Rem enhanced) trigger in and smooth the internals some. It's a keeper, fun to shoot.

My other Remlin experience is my Marlin 1894 44 mag lever action rifle, love it, another 2015. I've had good luck with my NY Remington made guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts