Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anybody has tried this ammo and/or knows where it may be purchased.
123 gr Soft Point.
Blue box with HUNTING CARTRIDGES in yellow and 7,62 X 39 in red. Made by VYMPEL Production Association in Russia.

I tried some I had stash away, used in a new MINI-30 (stainless/synthetic) and found them very accurate and looks like a decent hunting round.
I picked these up at Whittaker Gun's about a year ago and onlt got 10 boxes of 20 each. Should have picked up more.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My last experience with a mini 30 (old style), accuracy wise was pathetic at best with all factory ammo. Best load was a reload using the old rn carbine bullet. What kind of groups are you getting with your new style mini?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 inches with basic Russian ammo and a 1 1/4 with the Russian 123 gr SP VYMPEL. That is why I am looking for it.
That is 5 shots at 100 yards.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That is good. I've read that accuracy had improved across the board with the new ranch rifles. Have not had a chance to try out a new style mini. Been thinking about a 6.8 in the mini but the 7.62x39 would be so much more cost effective ammo wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts