Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased one box to test it out in the Redhawk. I got several light strikes. Yesterday I had one that I had to cycle four times and I finally shallow loaded it to get a bang. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hmmm, i have not had that problem i the S&B .44 ammo i have shot, but i never checked the primers to see is they looked normal compared to a CCI primer. I have a box sitting here by my desk, maybe if i get a chance i'll shoot a few ad see if i can compare them to try and see if the primers are harder. Might mic' a few and see if it has something to do with rim thickness too, if i can get that precision.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my patented term. It's loading the round only far enough that you can close the cylinder. That's how I get an ignition out of light strikes.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
That's my patented term. It's loading the round only far enough that you can close the cylinder. That's how I get an ignition out of light strikes.
Ah.. doesn't the primer simply push the round all the way in and you wind up with the same hit? or is the gun *that* dirty?

'Light strikes' are usually the problem of the gun. My wife's S&W Bodyguard has very inconsistent primer hits.

I don't shoot .44m anymore but I've never had any problems shooting S&B ammo, .45acp, .380acp...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's clean. Actually when I took it was fresh off a clean job a week or so ago. It's also only about a 2-3 month old Revolver 2012 model. No problems with any other ammo even dirty with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts