Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Ruger guy through and through but I recently developed a thing for old Smiths. The trick is finding nice examples that don't cost a fortune. Here are a few photos of my S&W 27-2 and K-22. The 27-2 is a .357 Mag N frame revolver from 1978. The trigger on this gun is factory and phenomenal.

This is a K-22 Masterpiece "Pre-Model 17" from 1955. K frame, .22LR, pinned barrel, recessed cylinder, non-relieved target stocks. This little gem belonged to a friend of a friend and I sorta fell into it without even looking.

I had posted a few photos in other threads but decided to put them in their own showcase. The old saying applies - they don't make 'em like this anymore.

Wave

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Beautiful! I have a k22. Great shooting revolver.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Outstanding!

I also have an interest in older pre lock S&W's. A few of mine.

Model 10-8

Model 67-0

Model 25-5

Model 24-3

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Wow fellows, hang onto those pre lock pre mim S&Ws. They aren't being made anymore & it looks like an era gone bye. To me the older Smiths are a lot more desirable than the new ones.
Frank

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Smiths Tony! I really like ..... all of them! I have a few newer S&W revolvers but I'm drawn more to the older stuff with pinned barrels, recessed cylinders and tha deep blue finish. My problem is I always show up to the dance late. The really nice examples are starting to get into Colt territory price-wise, especially the shorter barrels. Still fun looking' though.

Frank - thanks and you're right. These oldies are golden and stayin' put.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I also own a K-22 like yours. But that 27 is really quite the find !!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I frequently go to the local gun auctions in my area, and lately the S&W revolvers have been going for some hefty prices, Even the ones from the 80s and early 90s are climbing like crazy. I have a model 17 full target. a model 625 and a model 629 that were all bought new in the 80s...I'm holding on tight to them!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I frequently go to the local gun auctions in my area, and lately the S&W revolvers have been going for some hefty prices, Even the ones from the 80s and early 90s are climbing like crazy. I have a model 17 full target. a model 625 and a model 629 that were all bought new in the 80s...I'm holding on tight to them!
Good idea - like money in the bank only better!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Congrats, You have a couple gems right there. I have some of the older Smith's from the early to late 70's era. Some of them are unfired NIB. One is a M29 6 1/2'' blued, a Model 14 S/A only and a Model 25. I have other ones I have never personally fired.My first gun was a M 67 identical to TonyF's. A early model from 1972 with the stainless sights.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Here is my 34-1!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
M27 - one of my favorite guns of all time!
Yup - the 27-2 was the one that got my interest really stoked in the older S&W. The trigger is fantastic.

Congrats, You have a couple gems right there. I have some of the older Smith's from the early to late 70's era. Some of them are unfired NIB. One is a M29 6 1/2'' blued, a Model 14 S/A only and a Model 25. I have other ones I have never personally fired.My first gun was a M 67 identical to TonyF's. A early model from 1972 with the stainless sights.
Man you have some of the best! Any pictures? Would love to see 'em. A nice blue 29 is high on my list.

Here is my 34-1!

Sweet! Thanks for sharing the pic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts