Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a fan of the 10 mm auto cartridge, I have 2 Colt Delta Elite, a G20 and a formerly NIB S&W 1006, so I really needed a S&W 610 revolver. In fact I’ve been wanting one for a long time but they seem to be quite rare here in Switzerland

I recently got a call from a gentleman who contacted me 1 1/2 years ago. He had one for sale then, but it was heavily customised for IPSC, quick release, different sights, dozens of moon clips, case etc, and it was expensive at 2 grands so I politely declined.

He was kind enough to me call again to advise me that an LGS has four for sale, two 5’’ and two 6.5’’. I thought that was a great gesture.

Price was $ 1000, which I think is quite reasonable. I chose a 5’’ and I received it yesterday.

Very nice gun in great condition, I don’t think it fired much. Forcing cone is like new and there’s no flame cutting, merely a discolouration. It has a wide target hammer and a wide smooth trigger

Being a N frame it’s a heavy gun with a big cylinder and the round butt with the narrow bottomed combat grip feels odd to me, it accentuates the nose heavy feeling.

So I found a N square combat grip in my stash and it feels a lot better ... except for the gap at the bottom.

Now the challenge here (Switzerland) is finding moon clips.

I guess I can test fire the gun without them and eject the spent cases with a rod ?

·
Righteous Dude
21,559 Posts
Nice! You have one of the older models... Very cool! I recently picked up a newer model with a 4" barrel. It's a sweet revolver! You can shoot without moonclips. You may have to assist them out with a dowel or fingernail.

I like that it has the ability to fire 10mm and 40s&w... Some fun variability. I need new grips for mine... The factory rubber feels nice, but they look mundane.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That is a nice find. I have and older 4" model 610 that I converted to a 10MM magnum and it it a blast to shoot. I recently bought a Ruger Talo 3" model and am in the process of converting it as well - I am a 10MM junkie. Congrats on your new find - you will not be disappointed...

Reactions: OLIMKI

·
Registered
831 Posts
Pretty sure you can fire 40S&W in those wheelguns also?
cheaper plinking round I would imagine?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure you can fire 40S&W in those wheelguns also?
cheaper plinking round I would imagine?
Yes you can, the same way you can shoot .38 spl in a .357 Mag.

The only differences is that you will need a moon clip for the 40 whereas it’s not indispensable for the 10 mm

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot everyone

I managed to give it a quick test run at the range, rapid DA fire at close range (abt 7 m) center mass shots (head shots was my buddy in SA slow fire).

Great gun, I’m super happy

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have two 610's; one is an older 3" Lew Horton snubbie:

Here's the newer 3 7/8" model:

Reactions: OLIMKI
1 - 9 of 9 Posts