Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
I'll do ya better than a pic - how about a couple of video's: (click on the 'pic')

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love mine! I purchased the black MOE version. I'm so glad I did get the MOE furniture!

I've put approximately 2,500 rounds through it and the only hiccups I've had was the choice of ammo. When I first took the gun to the range, the gun would misfeed, not lock back on the last fired cartridge and was so inaccurate I couldn't hit a 6" plate from 25 yards. Quite embarrassing, actually. Then I did my research and several people complained of the same issues as a result of the ammo.

Sooooo....what I've learned:
1. Winchester M22 (1,000 round box) is my choice of ammo for this gun. It's clean and accurate. Not one problem using this ammo! Love it!
2. Anything Federal would be my second choice.
3. DON'T use Remington Thunderbolt, Remington Golden Bullet, or Winchester Wildcat (all were so dirty and gunked up my barrel)

As far as accessories I've put on:
Burris P.E.P.R QD Mount w/ Rings
Since I purchased the MOE furniture on the firearm and I love an old fashion shoot off with just "iron sights" from time to time, I purchased the Burris P.E.P.R Quick Detach mount with rings. The rings come with a set of Picatinny tops and a set of flat tops just in case you want to put a red dot sight on top of your scope.

Nikon P-22 2-7x32 with Nikoplex Scope
This scope is made for a 22 and the Nikoplex reticle comes with a fast action turret. Zero it for 50 yards and the turret is marked for 50, 75, 100, 125, and 150 yards. It dead on too! Nikon's clarity speaks for itself. Would recommend this scope for anyone with a 22!

Beware though...there is not a trip to the gun range that someone has not asked me to shoot it! :) I'm very happy to oblige!

Great choice and happy shooting!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I had the first generation that were made and it was a jam o matic even after the "fix" you could do. I sold it and bought another "newer" version and it quickly became my favorite plinker. I even went so far as to send S&W a letter telling them how much I like it. Fun to shoot and accurate. Plus you can shoot all day for practically nothing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was tossed between the S&W, Colt and the Sig Sauer 522 and I chose the Sig for it's "feel" of heft and also to pair it with my Sig556. When I was looking for an AR style 22 the S&W M&P felt more like a child's toy and rattled loosely when I handled it, I wasn't impressed to say the least. Now I see that you folk's mentioned a "first generation" model, is there a difference in the later generations weight & feel? I looked at the Colt, the Sig & the S&W and ended up buying the Sig because it was the closest thing to it's bigger centerfire brother and the only difference between it & the 556 was felt recoil, everything else was virtually identical so practice with the Sig .22 would be much the same as it's counterpart 556 bigger brother. If S&W made the M&P with a little more heft and tightened up the action I would have definately went for it, they sure are a fine looking weapon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought one of the fairly early 15-22s; though it did have the "blue spring" it was still a jam-o-matic. I sent it back to Smith and about two weeks later it was better than new. Jams abut nice every 500 rounds of bulk federal... That is pretty good for cheap rim fire...

I really enjoy the weapon, and it is a great trainer for the real AR.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Welcome aboard from a fellow 15-22 owner! The 15-22 is one of the most fun firearms I own.

Off-hand, 75 feet, bulk ammo. Just plinking away.

Off-hand, ~50 feet, bulk ammo. Pulling the trigger at a fast pace, practicing mag changes.

Mine has been problem free from day one. No rattles or sloppy clearances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts