Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally after all the head ack and pain in just getting the gun where it can be fired and reloaded meaning that the cylinder works now. All it needed was a center pen and it had to have an old style one to boot. I would have thought that McBrides would have known that from the very start. I wouldn't reckamend anyone taking any fire arm there at all. I am the one that had to tell the so call gunsmith what was wrong with the gun to start with. He kept tell me that something was broken inside bull roar the gun worked just fine just couldn't open the cylinder. And once I got the gun back from them at no charge the orginal part that was in the gun when I got it wasn't in the gun.
But we are moving on and a head I have Hogue King wood grips in shipment to me now and traget hammer and target triger soon to be shipped.
I still wouildn't take a dead dog to McBrides now for sure. I plan to mean mouth them every chance I get.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Glad to see your project gun is moving forward. Don't know McBrides but sounds like somebody didn't know what they were doing. Need pics when you get 'r done.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right jimbo, and of course I'll have the picture to show her off, I know she will not only look good but will take care of the traget business as well.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
McBrides use to be the place to go. Do they still have a good size gun inventory on hand?
That was the 1st place i ever got to hold a smith mdl 296 44spl----one of these years....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes they have have plenty of guns no troubles there. I have a 696 I love it but as a ccw its too heavy but its a good shooter for sure. Yes I would have thought that they of all places would have known what was wrong with the gun to start with. I almost didn't leave it with them as the smith said something was broken on the inside how could this be and the gun still function? ya just couldn'ty open the cylinder, simple fix replace the right center pin. Less than a minute of my time once I had the right part and I am no gunsmith by no means.
I can well understand with all the fire arms in the world today that a gunsmith couldn't know it all off the top of their head but a S&W. I think that is pretty common place if ya ask me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, it are...can't work on a S&W...don't call yourself a gunsmith...where you been all day??? I thought the barber got carried away and cut your throat!!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well had to go to work pal, busy day for sure.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had her done for a while boys but have this domestic thing going on right now and getting the reloading room and gun room set up takes time. I will be sure to show off the pictures for sure.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
lookin' forward to those pics!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll have the sleeping and enterment set but by the end of this month then once I have that where I am here full time. I will have the pictures ya'll are waitting on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts