Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought today and went straight to the indoor range before heading home. Scandium frame is lightweight enough, but I think you pay for it in added recoil. Also, the laser was waaay left and low. I'm gonna do some outdoor shooting tomorrow so I'll try and see if I can zero the laser on the bowling pins at 50 feet.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That's really sharp looking! How do you adjust that laser??

Who is the first person to ever shoot a gun at a bowling pin?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You adjust it by using what has to be the tiniest allen wrench ever made, which comes with the grips, and fits into that little hole above the top grip screw. That's the windage adjustment screw. The elevation screw is on top.

At 25 feet it's shooting 10 inches to the left and maybe 4 inches low. [xx(] The manual claims that the laser has been zeroed at the factory.

I shot much better with it turned off altogether.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
nice addition there. whats your carry load?

·
Registered
868 Posts
U do understand that you zero it at a specific distance - you would have to pick the distance. Then, at any distance further or closer, it will be off. But with some practice, you can learn to know where to put the dot based on if you are closer or further away.

Zeroing a pistol laser is easy as pie.

Pick the distance you want - and move the red dot to correspond with your front sight. I have had handgun lasers before - I could essentially zero them in my house before I hit the range - I would suggest 7 yards. Then, if any minor fine tuning at the range was necessary - I could always do it in a couple of seconds.

If you are off, it is because you did not shoot at the distance the factory zeroed the laser at. Also, since the laser is not directly below the barrel - at off distances - U will get sideways play in where the beam hits.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured they would've adjusted it at 25 feet or so, and that's what I was shooting at. I didn't get a chance to go today so it'll have to wait a couple days. I bought a bunch of boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok cause I wanted low recoil, but at $24 for 20 rounds I think I may have to get used to heavier bullets.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yep! Ship is telling you like it is. I had C/T's on a SP-101 Ruger and marked off 20ft from my shed out back and hung a target. Adjusted my CT's to bullseye and when I got to the range that's where they hit when I done my part. I still got them and will get another SP one day. I also have the the S&W SC-PD Commander and it's a great gun for personal protection. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts