Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ... sitting at home last night watching the local news and a story came on about sentencing for crimes committed with a gun. They show a picture (see attached) of a bunch of handguns laid out on a table. I see something that screams RICHARD ... I had to rewind the news feed to see what that was and low and behold right there in the middle was a Ruger P-something. Not sure the model. Sad thing is it will probably be melted down ... sad sad sad ... :(:(:(

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
The P Series are like TANKS!!! Hate the idea of melt down but you are probably sadly correct. I would like to hear/read more from our law enforcement members/officers about this topic.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The P Series are like TANKS!!! Hate the idea of melt down but you are probably sadly correct. I would like to hear/read more from our law enforcement members/officers about this topic.
This story was from Cleveland, Ohio and they had a buy back and they made a big deal about melting the guns down at one of the steel mills. When that event happened, someone turned in a rifle worth something like $3000. The thought was someone should be allowed to buy it but nope.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Demo's/Communists at work. They should all go to live in Iran or Russia or Cuba and see then how they feel about the 2nd amndm't.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,335 Posts
This story was from Cleveland, Ohio and they had a buy back and they made a big deal about melting the guns down at one of the steel mills. When that event happened, someone turned in a rifle worth something like $3000. The thought was someone should be allowed to buy it but nope.
When we had a similar event, an enterprising lawyer (he must be a FFL but I forgot if the news report mentioned it) advertised across the street from the local police station, offering better $ than the buy back program.
The police said what he's doing was perfectly legal so they left him alone.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ya I have heard of a few guns finding new homes instead of getting melted down. If the guns have to be destroyed I would rather they get stripped down and sold as parts kits minus the frame rather than the whole gun go, now dont get me wrong I dont want to see any of them destroyed but I guess it is a little less evil to save some parts.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
When we had a similar event, an enterprising lawyer (he must be a FFL but I forgot if the news report mentioned it) advertised across the street from the local police station, offering better $ than the buy back program.
The police said what he's doing was perfectly legal so they left him alone.
You don't need to have or use an FFL to do a private sale in Ohio between Ohio residents neither of whom have any reason to believe the other party is prohibited from possessing a firearm.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Depends on where and the department but sometimes officers can buy them or if real nice they may be kept as "reference" samples if there is a lab associated with the agency that does ballistics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts