Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I walk into a local gun shop to pick up a few things and decide to take a look at the case just to see what they had (bad idea). I look down and whats the first thing I see? A brand new SR1911 for $699.
Handing it back to him and walking away actually hurt a little especially since I could have pulled the cash together and got it but I just don't think it would have been a smart move at this point in time.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Now I'm sad too. :(

But, it sounds like you made a wise decision for your situation. There will be another day.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Oh well, you know what they say, easy come , easy go, there will come a time when you will get one, so just hang in there, but until then..IT SUCKS.....

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hear you, I'm at the point that I really have to justify any gun purchases, don't need any more rifles, and as far a handguns go I really have to have a specific need that what I already have won't cover.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Sad indeed. It also sounds like you have your priorities straight. Good for you.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
WOW :eek: you are the man of steel. I can relate to and appreciate your disappointment in not walking out the door with that new SR1911. I just recently was able to come home with one after a lengthy period of "WANT".

I admire your stamina and I too believe you did the right thing and for doing so, I am sure the "Gun Gods" took a notice of your action and will in turn reward you soon with another opportunity. Keep your chin up and good luck!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've been there before. When the sp101 .22 came out, I did not have the money. I got to touch one in the gunshop. When I had the money again, I could not find one. Now, I'm broke again, and I will probably find one.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Heck, I'm sad cause I can't shoot mine as much as I would like to.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Tough decision...but probably wise! I have been there on different guns...just wasn't the right time or the $$ were needed for other, more important things, like keeping the kids fed, doctor's appointments, eye exams, etc...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts