Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like a safe for my car to use when traveling on the road for work. I want something reliable, yet small and easy to conceal... possibly in center console or under seat. Only needs to fit a snub nose. I have a Fort Knox pistol box for home and love it. Not big on keys or electronics for safes. Does anyone own Ft Knox's smallest safe? Can it fit in most SUVs center console? Any other suggestions? Thx much.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I have a Bulldog Vault for when I travel across (certain) state lines...which prevents 'easy' access, but meets that state's requirements for cross their state w/o a handgun permit they recognize.

I'm not sure that it'd meet your wishes...but it prevents the gun from being 'accessible' to the driver while operating the vehicle and it's the one I use!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a rapid access electronic gun safe at home which I bolted to the top of a general household documents safe. Drilling the household safe was tedious to say the least!!

I am considering fitting the same type of safe into a non-obvious recess that's under an access flap in the trunk of my car. Found some good recommendation here https://www.gunsafespot.com/best-car-gun-safe/

·
Banned
107 Posts
Automobile? Take a look at Fas1 and see if it will meet your needs. Far better built than Fort Knox, but a different form factor. No electronics.

·
Registered
619 Posts
In order to be in compliance with some state laws the ones that are secured with a cable will get you by. But don’t count on it for theft security. I had one stolen out of my truck a while back and all they had to was cut the cable. Damn thieves, a busted window and one quick snip, ez-pz it was gone. I like to have seen the look on their face when they only found a half box of ammo in it. Go with something you can bolt down if possible.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,760 Posts
Anything with a simplex lock. I will own nothing with a battery for securing a gun.

We have three V-Lines. They are they best I have found. Got free shipping on my last one, straight from the company. Nice folks, too. They sent me a free gun sock for my Blackhawk when I reviewed the safe.

Two of my safes are the compact model. It can fit under a seat and come inside with you at night, when on the road. It would not be quick access in an emergency. For that, I would wear the snub. Here is a link.

https://www.vlineind.com/shop/compact-pistol-safe/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts