Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You need to remove the cylinder to take the disk off. It should be detailed in your owners manual. At the front of your frame under your barrel there is a “button” that you push while pulling the cylinder base pin (the metal rod the cylinder rotated around). The base pin will slide out toward the front of the gun freeing the cylinder to drop out of the frame through the loading gate. You can then remove the yellow disk. Reassembled in reverse order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome, from Pittsburgh. I'm sorta curious: could you let us know how you like the gun, the way it feels, and accuracy. I may be buying one for my 19 year old daughter. She presently has had a Heritage single action .22 since she was 16 and is pretty good with it. I like the better quality/feel of the Wrangler and just want to hear first hand from one who owns one. Enjoy your revolver!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome aboard, tina walsh and congrats on the Wrangler. You're in the right place for good advice. Be safe and happy shooting. Also, your Wrangler is a "single" action revolver.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Welcome, from Pittsburgh. I'm sorta curious: could you let us know how you like the gun, the way it feels, and accuracy. I may be buying one for my 19 year old daughter. She presently has had a Heritage single action .22 since she was 16 and is pretty good with it. I like the better quality/feel of the Wrangler and just want to hear first hand from one who owns one. Enjoy your revolver!
I don't have a Heritage to compare to, but I do have an OD Green Wrangler. I like the Wrangler. It likes Federal Automatch, CCI and Aguila ammo, but Winchester bulk and Thunderbolts were a tight fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts