Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I've been a lurker here on the forums for a good while, but only today just decided to register. I have been a fan of Ruger firearms, specifically the Mk. series of pistols, mainly because I have grown up shooting my father's Mk. II, a 1987 Gov't Target model. For my birthday two years back, I got a Mk. III standard with a 6 inch barrel and laminated wood grips that I ordered from eBay later on. I really have enjoyed and do still enjoy shooting my Mk. III, but I wanted to find an older one. Last month, I bought a 1959 Standard that I thought was very reasonably priced and was in great shape too considering as how it was a nearly 60 year old gun. I was able to find some unused Pre-1971 wood grips for the standard on eBay for relatively cheap. I do like the original plastic or hard rubber grips that were originally on it, but I took them off because I did not want to risk damaging them. I would explain how I got into the 10/22 series of rifles, but seeing as how that this is the form for pistols, that would be a tad off topic, now would it?

To stop being a waste of space, here are some pictures of me any my dad's pistols:

From top to bottom:
1959 Standard
1987 Mk. II Gov't Target Model
2014 Mk. III Standard

My 1959 Standard after I got the NOS walnut grips for it.

My Mk. III the day I got it (2/14/2014, Yes, I'm a Valentine's Day baby.)

My Standard on the day I got it (1/18/16)

So, I just wanted to say hey and share a few pictures of what I think hands down is the single best .22 pistol ever built, or money can buy, or both.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! :cool:

Beautiful Marks! They look excellent! :)
Thank you! They sure are great pistols. In my opinion, the Ruger Mk. series is hands down the best .22 pistol out there. But of course, there's probably someone who begs to differ, but to each their own.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.Nice MK's.