Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The birch grips looked nice on the blued Vaquero, but I knew they would really blow up on a stainless version. Didn't take long to find one in 45 colt that I liked...and for $300 why not? Now I can put the fake ivories back on it's blued brother.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Oh my, that is stunning. Great photo, too. I really want a .45 stainless blackhawk. That's the Vaquero, huh? What's the difference, fixed sights? And is it smaller than the BH?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed sights, and a longer hammer profile for easier reach. Some other differences, but I don't have any more Blackhawks left to compare with.

Fun Vaquero factoid:

Since it's introduction in 1993 Ruger has sold more than 700,000 Vaqueros...more units than the Colt single action sold in it's entire 120 year run (1873 - 1941, reintroduced in 1956 - present)

[:0][8D]

·
Registered
335 Posts
morsecode,... Now that's a Nice looking Gun...<:))and Grips too...<:))

·
Registered
377 Posts
quote:Originally posted by morsecode

The birch grips looked nice on the blued Vaquero, but I knew they would really blow up on a stainless version. Didn't take long to find one in 45 colt that I liked...and for $300 why not? Now I can put the fake ivories back on it's blued brother.

Very nice !
(Of course, I hate you as I will now probably go out and buy some for my SS Vaquero :D)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts