Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Sampson manufacturing is going to start making Mini-14 folding stocks using Ruger's own castings and sourcing the wood stocks from Ruger too. The only difference is the pistol grip, which will be made from different material and the way the tube is assembled. One part will be epoxied rather than pinned and welded.

Here's a Gun Talk video of the rep with a prototype. It looks first rate.
After watching the video, I called Sampson and spoke with their sales staff about this project. I told them that the folding stock versions all had a different lower gas block with the swivel on the side, not the bottom.

I suggested that they consider also making a side swivel mounted lower gas block and offer it as an option. The salesman I spoke with was not on the team developing the stock, however, he thought it was a good idea and was composing an email to that team with my suggestion as we spoke.

Maybe we'll see a gas block lower with the swivel on the side in the future too.

·
Righteous Dude
21,606 Posts
I would like one. I was always bummed that the currently available folders are expensive when they are for sale. If these come to market and are reasonable, I will definitely grab one.

·
Exalted One
1,685 Posts
The gun they show is not an original GB model (with a bayo lug) - A-Team style. Perhaps they'll provide a 181+ compatible version.

Still looks sweet! Might be good with my 583 Tactical, until I have to hide it once Virginia goes commie...

Glad they're doing this!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks COSteve.
I would at least like to have the front gas block with the side swivel whether I got the compact stock or not.

kwg

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
video not working

I've been lusting after a folder since the 80's, this looks great!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good thing I squirreled away the original paratrooper stock for my Dad's M-1 when he passed. It wasn't really that great to shoot, so am not sure I'd want to go to another on the Mini-14 either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts