Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had one but heard some good things. This one is the CZ75 P07 Duty model in 9mm. Read up on some early frame bulge problems (it is the polymer model) but seems to have been taken care of back in the early production so I'll keep an eye out. 16+1 so I like that and in a popular round too so hopefully have ammo available although no bulk found at the moment.

Did run 100 rds of the Monarch steel case through it since it was all I could find. Ate em up with no problems. Seems pretty accurate with good groupings though sights are just a little off. Great point-ability on it! I shoot mostly my 1911 and Buckmark and it seems to have a similar cant so this may be why for me. Trigger was really surprising to me. The double action was very smooth and broke crisp (but does have the typical long pull of most in this type) the single action was very, very light and smooth but also had plenty of travel to it.

Lots of pros as listed above, I like it and not an expensive gun. Light weight for the size also.

Cons would be that it is slightly large for carry but not full size either, kinda of a tweener. Lots of trigger travel but so light that it is a wash. Only other is the sights. They seems cheap compared to the gun and read of paint coming off of them. May find some night sights for it and I'll be really happy. The only other con is the mag, it is for this model only and will not work with the regular CZ75 models that are so popular.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats on the CZ. I own a 75 in .40 and a 97 in .45. They are very good products and way under-rated.

Check out the CZ Custom shop. They may have a better sight set available.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have two CZ's, both long guns, a 527 in 7.62x39mm and a 452 Target 22lr. Using the term 'accurate' is an understatment. One thing not commented on by the other posters...I have received excellent service from CZ in Kansas City for parts and info when I needed them.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Discovered parts are on the high side. However they are the only one that makes them so... Got another mag coming but there are many different sights available and you can get them by height. You have to remove the current front sight, get the number off of the bottom and then order accordingly by number matching the height you want. Since I'm not ready to take the present sight off of it yet it may be a few months. Did finally find some 9mm ammo for it!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,411 Posts
shaneshot, I have the same CZ 75 P07 and two full sized CZ 75Bs .. one in blue, the other in stainless. All of these have proven to be very accurate but best of all .... they all function flawless. I use the full sized 75s mostly for range guns and the P07 for a carry gun. It came with two sets of "safeties" ... one for use as a decocker and the other is a conventional safety. I much prefer the conventional safety because you can carry the P07 cocked and locked like a 1911 where all shots are in SA or you can carry with the hammer down and shoot the first shot in DA. Yes, I was disappointed when I found out the magazines were not interchangeable between the 75B and P07 but another trip to the LGS and some $$$ fixed that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one for use as a decocker and the other is a conventional safety. I much prefer the conventional safety
I was debating that and am not sure. On one hand I'm not used to having to fiddle with a safety on my carry (Glock 27) on the other, that is how I carry my 1911 as well. Right now I kinda like the no safety, just go bang but may change and see. I do like that I have a choice and one of the things I did not put as a pro in my initial report.

·
Super Moderator
16,249 Posts
Congrats on your new CZ. I have a Stainless Steel 75B and a 2075 RAMI and love them both. The 75B is the most accurate 9mm in my stable :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations mate.
My CZ75B L/E is one of my most accurate handguns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts