Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to a Sass match this weekend sure had fun and got to shoot with some good folks, they are always doing something to help each other. Coaching folks to the next stage and given pointer on how to shoot. Been learning alot this is my best Buddy there he doesn't care if I shoot good or bad he is glad to see me and of course I always a few milk bones in the truck for him. The boy does have a hard life lol. And I am a push over fer dog's and kids.

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
good lookin dog snuffy.....looks like he runnin to the camera.....you aint got him baited with a T-Bone have ya?...lol

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope but he knows that I have lots of love for him and of course Milk Bones. He belongs to the owners of the range and by the way the owners Sass handle is T-Bone lol. He get feed by all and is very good naturer loves people and the shooting doesn't brother him at all either.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Snuffy

Went out to my local Range (Ben Avery in PHX) and did some minor damage to some paper. After I was finished shooting I wandered over to the SASS Winter Range doin's. What a neat deal. Never been to a SASS event before and this one is great. Beside the shooting events are the vendors. Bought some bullets for the Single Six .32 mag from Mastercraft Bullets from down your way. GOOD PRICES and am heading back out there tomorrow to buy some more. Nice bunch of folks and I really enjoyed just wandering around.

Didn't see any of the mounted shooting but will make a point not to miss it tomorrow or Sat when the wife wants to go out.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a hoot for sure everyone is there to help each other out and we all have fun too boot. I have never been to Winter Range but I have heard that their rules is rules and they stand by them pretty tough too. Me I am just same time and don't think I'll ever make the 6 O'clock news but shoot one never knows these days. I have some of his bullets myself I sure like them. Yep he is fair on his prices too. Glad ya had fun watchin maybe some day ya will get the bug and try it, its a rush when its your turn on line and the timer is running lol.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
headed out to another match

yep headed toward Oakwood this time I think this will be a good match as I am heading there solo. My buddy that has been going with me seems to want tobe on the 6 O'clock news and me I am there to shoot have fun and enjoy myself. If I mess or mess up and get a procedure who really cares as long as I had fun and enjoyed myself. A miss is a 5 second penalty and a procedure is a 10 penalty. No not trying to get them but sure not going to roll over and die if I get several lol.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

This is my next set of spurs no I just wear them for show wouldn't wear them on a horse. Right now I am shooting is the 49 er's and ya can wear just about what you want to wear. I am still just learning the ropes so to speak but once I get more time under my belt so to speak I will be going to classic cowboy. That is where ya have to have a vest ,spurs, chaps or chunks a pocket watch. Shoot 40 or larger wear a felt hat, and wrist cuffs no belt loops on your pants. oh yea and wear a scruf around your neck.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, I can't wait to get them and wear them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts