Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one up yesterday, a bolt action with a scope. Sighted it in to 100 yards without a problem. Going to try some 200 yard shots soon but it have to say it is very accurate and fun to shoot without breaking the bank. The 22mag is fun but it falls off fast after 100yards and even getting to 100 yards with great accuracy is a challenge.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had a 93f in .22WMR and I sighted it in at 200 yards and got 1" groups with Hornady 30 gr. Accutip. However, after a trip to the factory it still got light primer strikes (nothing like a click when you have a varmint in the sights) so I traded it in for a TC .22-250.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,337 Posts
What scope do you have? Can you please post a picture?

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,337 Posts
This thread is more than 2 years old. Let's give harryball time to retrieve his pics from his vault :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Haha 2 years and still no picture----It didn't happen. Well my wife has a 93 in 17HMR and it is one sweet rifle. Hers is the Stainless bull barrel with thumbhole stock, it's all abut the pretty factor with her. The woman will shoot the center out of a dime at 100yds with the thing without blinking. The trigger on this thing is just as nice too. I topped it with a Redfield Revenge 6-18 x 44 scope and used a DNZ Game Reaper mount. All in all it is a nice package, hey the wife loves it and that is all that matters.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Haha 2 years and still no picture----It didn't happen. Well my wife has a 93 in 17HMR and it is one sweet rifle. Hers is the Stainless bull barrel with thumbhole stock, it's all abut the pretty factor with her. The woman will shoot the center out of a dime at 100yds with the thing without blinking. The trigger on this thing is just as nice too. I topped it with a Redfield Revenge 6-18 x 44 scope and used a DNZ Game Reaper mount. All in all it is a nice package, hey the wife loves it and that is all that matters.

Sweet package! That has to be fun!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have one that I love. The gun is nice for the price but it is hard to find a 17HMR that isn't pretty accurate unless the wind is even thinking about puffing. Of course I won't post a photo now that neon posted his. Black synthetic with black barrel just doesn't quite hold up in that purty contest.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have a .22 version and its by far the most accurate rim fire I have ever owned with dime sized groups out to 75 yrds , I had been considering the .17 but just couldn't find the ammo plentiful enough so I passed... but from what ive seen it rather nasty little bullet.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I have a .22 version and its by far the most accurate rim fire I have ever owned with dime sized groups out to 75 yrds , I had been considering the .17 but just couldn't find the ammo plentiful enough so I passed... but from what ive seen it rather nasty little bullet.

frankiestoys, I bought one During this last crisis & the reason was my Cabela's always had .17 HMR on the shelf when nothing was available & cheaper than .22 mag..

In fact, yesterday, Graf's & Sons had Hornady 17 gr .17 HMR for $9.99/50 (limit 10)

Great rifle & a great round. Since the pic, I have replaced the scope with a Cabela's .17 HMR caliber specific scope.

[URL="[/URL]

Here is my site-in target & favorite ammo, though they are all good.

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
[URL="http://[/URL]

This is my little tact driver @ 60 yrds off my back porch, the butt stock has been filled with bondo and it has my own textured custom camo paint . The scope is a Bushnell 3.5 x9 x32

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Very nice looking! I have an old Stevens/Savage 954 .22LR that shoots great, but I am planning my 1st. attempt at the camp paint job on the wood stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts