Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Taurus Model 85 38 special +P Protector Poly. SA/DA. 18 ounces. 2.5 inch barrel. 5 shots. Red fiber optic front sight (great sight pickup). 6.3 inches long. Fits in jeans pocket easily and comes out easily.
Feels solid. The little bit of extra grip allows for easy fit of all 3 fingers on the grip.

After cleaning went and shot 50. A little bit snappy but managable. I'll likely not shoot more than 50 at a time for a while.

I think it's a little intimidated by its big brothers.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Congrats!
Same here, I don't shoot my LCRx 38sp as much as I shoot my 9mm pistols.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have said above, but this is the first time I let money sway me. This was SD only with no expectations of it being a fun range gun.

It was $240 on gunbuyer.com ($255 for SS cylinder) with a $25 Taurus rebate that paid the FFL fee in my mind. And a free year of NRA membership with mine just about up. Free shipping and no taxes. That coupled with the three fingers on the grip and I was sold.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Should have said above, but this is the first time I let money sway me. This was SD only with no expectations of it being a fun range gun.

It was $240 on gunbuyer.com ($255 for SS cylinder) with a $25 Taurus rebate that paid the FFL fee in my mind. And a free year of NRA membership with mine just about up. Free shipping and no taxes. That coupled with the three fingers on the grip and I was sold.
That kind of deal will turn me into an impulse buyer.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was pretty irresistible, so I didn't resist. :D

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
$250 for a new .38 snub is almost free these days:)

I'll admit I sold/traded away most of my Taurus revolvers, but I kept my 82 that I got for $200 OTD at a local gun shop, in nearly new condition..........I figured "$200 for a like new .38, that I get to inspect first? Can't walk away from that"

I have the all-steel cousins to that Poly Protector, I have two blue 85's that I traded one S&W 64 for, and the 85's are more useful to me...........I keep one by my front door and one in the console of my car.

I'll admit I keep being tempted by those Taurus TCP .380's, if you scour the internet places like Bud's has sales on the blue models, for like $110 shipped, I've even seen them used for $80 at gun shows........I was like "heck there's always a use for a decent .380", even if it's just something to stash in your tool box or where ever. I've got a million places in my house or car where I could make a TCP dissapear, for those (God Forbid) times when you need a gun RIGHT NOW. I don't want to go about stashing expensive guns all over, I tend to want to shoot and carry those.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hello Little Friend and welcome to the family. Hard to beat a nice lightweight snubbie you can carry in the front pocket of anything you happen to put on. They're fun and challenging in their own way too. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Very Nice Snub and looks like would be very easy to carry. Congrats. Very nice bigger brothers too.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Should be able to get your money's worth out of that. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

It was $240 on gunbuyer.com ($255 for SS cylinder) with a $25 Taurus rebate that paid the FFL fee in my mind. And a free year of NRA membership with mine just about up. Free shipping and no taxes.
Your FFL does not collect the sales tax?

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts