Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my SB Tactical folding aluminun brace for my Charger. It was on backorder from OpticsPlanet for months.

I have a Holosun HS507-GR sight on this gun. I found that I had to mount the brace on a lower slot on the adapter to get a proper sight picture. I would have to get a riser for the sight if I want to mount the brace in the center slot. At this point, I don't see a point in changing anything. The brace is solid and the sight picture is good.

I will probably be going to the range tomorrow to see if it makes any difference in my group size. I usually shoot with the bipod installed, so it is already pretty stable.

The brace installs/uninstalls quickly so I can still use the hard case that came with the gun.

Fun times!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I made it to the range today. I liked shooting with the brace. It made the gun quite a bit more stable and easier to shoot accurately. It is a nice addition to an already fun gun!
My 10/22 rifle is more accurate. I am pretty sure the difference is the barrel length.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too am wondering about how the polymer and aluminum compare as far as functionality and quality.
I have both, but I prefer the aluminum version. The polymer is perfect for this application. If you really press into it, you can get it to flex slightly.
I ordered both with the polymer arriving first. If I hadn't received the aluminum version, I would have been happy with the polymer. The aluminum version takes it to the next level. It might be overkill for a .22....but it was well worth it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have both, but I prefer the aluminum version. The polymer is perfect for this application. If you really press into it, you can get it to flex slightly.
I ordered both with the polymer arriving first. If I hadn't received the aluminum version, I would have been happy with the polymer. The aluminum version takes it to the next level. It might be overkill for a .22....but it was well worth it.
Thanks for this info. I'll go with the aluminum once I find it in stock anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts