1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
What a drama queen. The kid probably thought it was cool. Heck, if I could catch handguns, I might enjoy fishing. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I read that earlier and agree the fellow who "fished up" the gun is an attention seeker and all about getting his 15 minutes of fame...Of course I'm sure more people are laughing at him then laughing with him on this stunt.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like him, find it particularly upsetting that "what was particularly upsetting is that he had his 3-year-old son with him". We can only pray that the poor child can turn into a real thinking man after being raised by his drama queen father. We all need to make sure we talk frankly about our hobbies and rights to those who have "drank the coolaid" in the hopes that maybe their children will overhear and recognize a person deserving of respect and learn something from a thinking/reasonable person.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
"Detectives were dispatched to the scene to recover the weapon and start an investigation." Sounds like a great allocation of limited police resources. Some dude hauls up a "barnacle-encrusted gun" and detectives show up and open an investigation. I'm sure the only reason he got anyone involved and specifically made note of how upset he was, was so that he could sue the city for mental distress or something later on. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this guy.

Truth be told, that gun probably fell out of a boat up river or something and ended up trapped in the rocks. If it really was "barnacle-encrusted" then chances are it's been there for quite some time. Barnacles don't "encrust" things overnight.

Must not be a whole lot going on in the news these days. I just feel sorry for that poor kid. He'll probably never go fishing again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Truth be told, that gun probably fell out of a boat up river or something and ended up trapped in the rocks. If it really was "barnacle-encrusted" then chances are it's been there for quite some time. Barnacles don't "encrust" things overnight.
"Truth be told", there is no "up river" At Carson Beach in South Boston. It is a small part of Pleasure Bay near inner Boston Harbor in an area not far from 3 Federal housing projects and what used to be a very tough neighborhood before gentrification took over.

If a gun was THROWN into the water there, it was most likely being tossed after a shooting and DID NOT fall off a boat. Among many small time thugs/criminals from the area there were also several "big time" bad guys...Whitey Bulger being one of them. He shot and killed three of my father's teenage friends in Southie back in the day long before he made the FBI's list.

Who knows what that gun was used for?...I'd bet dollars for doughnuts someone was shot by the guy that threw it into the bay.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
"Truth be told", there is no "up river" At Carson Beach in South Boston. It is a small part of Pleasure Bay near inner Boston Harbor in an area not far from 3 Federal housing projects and what used to be a very tough neighborhood before gentrification took over.

If a gun was THROWN into the water there, it was most likely being tossed after a shooting and DID NOT fall off a boat. Among many small time thugs/criminals from the area there were also several "big time" bad guys...Whitey Bulger being one of them. He shot and killed three of my father's teenage friends in Southie back in the day long before he made the FBI's list.

Who knows what that gun was used for?...I'd bet dollars for doughnuts someone was shot by the guy that threw it into the bay.
Hm. Learn something new everyday. Geography never was my strong suit. :)
Thanks for the info. Maybe it was used illegally. Still doesn't really require all the hoopla of a news story and reporters and what not. It's a bit dramatic.

Maybe they'll update the story with their findings. I'm curious now.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I would be a little nervous had I hauled in a gun on a hook. I wouldn't know if it had one in the chamber, whether the safety was on, etc. Would hate to have that thing discharge.

And yes I would call the cops as well. It may have been thrown there by after being used in a crime. I had always thought that if I came across one in a ditch or some bushes or such I would do the same.

But calling the "news" folks about this? Nah, that's just a juvenile "look at me!" stunt.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have a friend from boston that is not a fan of guns. I give him crap all the time and slowly converting him to our "God and Guns country" kind of thinking :) I'll send this to him to ruffle his feathers...

What kind of gun was it I wonder...I'll laugh if it's a air soft gun or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts