Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a trade offer on a Marlin Camp 9.

Anyone own one? Opinions?

What issue should I look for when inspecting the gun?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I have had two,after extensive shooting the buffer wears down and needs to be replaced by a good G-Smith bith my guns have over 30,000 rounds and three total buffers replace,would I buy anoyher You Betcha !

·
Registered
396 Posts
Buffers and a heaver recoil spring. You can get the springs at wolfe springs.

I have extra buffers and springs on hand.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buffers and springs look like an easy enough change. Pretty simple take down.

Can't seem to find many dissatisfied owners.

Thanks for the responses.

Any others?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had my Camp 9 for a couple of months and have had no problems.
I replaced the recoil buffer and I replaced the spring with a 16# version.

There is a Marlin Forum for the Camp 9 and the Camp 45 at:
CAMP CARBINES 9 & 45

There are also some You Tube videos posted. Watch the re-assembly video closely. There is a little trick shown on one that will help get it back together.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have three 9mm and one .45acp, two 9mm's are nickel one being NIB the other 9mm is blue. Camp 45 is blue and NIB, recommend changing buffers and stiffer springs on both. Midway carries the buffers and Wolff carries the springs. Look for cracks on back of stock by receiver this is the reason for the heaver springs and new buffers. Great shooting firearms and very reliable with most ammo. Have three excellent stocks for spares, two checkered and one plain.
Enjoy

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have the camp 45 and would add a camp 9 if the right one came along. As said before buffers and springs. Both available and easy to replace as needed.

Since the camps are a simple blowback design, expect them to fling brass far and wide...as a reloader that can be an issue. I've taken to using the Blaser nonreloadable ammunition in mine. Simply for that reason. If I come up a few short, it's okay...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I want one myself, if you can find one get it, I can't seem to find one up here. Jeff Quinn did a artical on the camp 9 that is informative and goes over mags and such. One thing that He recommends is to replace the recoil spring with a twenty-one pound spring from Wolff. By changing out that spring, one can use high performance Plus-P ammo, without stressing the gun.
Marlin Model 9 Semi-Auto 9mm Carbine

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking Camp RJ.

The trade I was talking with stopped answering e-mails when I asked about buffers and stocks, so I guess I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Camps offered for sale usually don't last long on the open market...It's possible he sold it to somebody else.

I bought my Camp 45 from an FFL at a gun show and had four offers before I could get out the door with it...

I got the one I wanted, it just took me 12 years to find it...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts