Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have slowly been building up my 10 22 into a gun that can shoot 50-150 yards. I have a Houge stock with green mountain Bull Barrel and bi pod. I was wondering what scope would be good for a twenty two. I have looked at the BSA sweet 22, and the BSA catseye. They look really nice.

Opinions, suggestion.

Thanks, Max:D

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Avoid the BSA fodder. There's a few that'll sing praise for them but a LOT more with a complete opposite thought of them, myself included. A friend had a "Sweet" series scope and it had the worse optics I'd ever seen in a scope. Have seen better in $30 Simmons. Me...as a minimum I'd go with a Mueller. You will get what you pay for most of the time but even those $100+ BSA's are, in my opinion, garbage. I've passed BSA stuff up for free.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I am on my third optic for my 10/22 as I was sort of feeling my way through different options to get exactly what I wanted. I ended up with a red dot in the end because I wanted something very lightweight to accompany my Hogue stock and Tactical Solutions 16.5" barrel. That being said, I tried two other scopes before hand. The first was a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5 (found on Amazon.com here). It was a decent scope for the money, but I didn't love the build quality and it didn't reach out as far as I would have liked.

I bumped up to a Nikon 3-9 (found on Amazon.com here). I found the Nikon to be of better quality with much tighter fit and finish. The glass was excellent and on-par with scopes much higher up in the price standings. The adjustments were finger-adjustable (no finicky screwdrivers or coins to mess with like on the Bushnell) and they had great, positive clicks. The 3-9 was great for me from distances of 25-100 yards. Like I said, in the end I went with a red dot to save weight and space because I ended up with a shorter rifle. But for a target rifle, I find the Nikon Rimfire series to be both economical and a great value for the dollar. Give them a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just put a Bushnell Banner 4x16x40 on my 10/22 and like it a lot. You can pick them up for about a hundred bux. You can check it out here

·
Registered
130 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts