Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a scope for my Mini 14 I came across a Burris Timberline 2-7x26 liked so well. I have been able to find another one of these scopes in excellent condition. Thinking about getting this same scope for my Ruger 10/22 is there anyone out there that has tried this scope on there 10/22? If so your thoughts thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
First of all, are you going for extreme accuracy with a tricked out 10/22?
If not, one should consider the capabilities of a 22 LR cartridge- If you were to get
1 inch groups at 100 yards I would think you have an exceptional rifle/ ammo combination.
IMO 3/4 inch at 50 yards would be more realistic and "operator error" has to be considered especially if shooting positions and not bench rest.
A rimfire 22 lr scope has a fixed parallax set at 50 yards and IMO a very excellent, high priced scope is not really needed. Your Burris on a 223 probably has a parallax at 100 yards plus which is too far for a LR.
I have a fixed 4 power 30 mm objective Simmons scope and find it more than adequate as it brings a 50 yard view down to 12 feet and has a large enough field of view so I can find targets quickly and in low light. Many like a 4-9 power scope, especially if hunting squirrels, chipmunks etc.
You do not state what kind of shooting you will be doing as this really makes a difference in your choice.
Check your Burris scope info for parallax and just in case it has a 50 yard parallax.
If so mount it on your 10/22 and get another scope on the 14.
Just some thought to consider

·
Registered
301 Posts
That small an objective lens 26 does not allow much light in for early and late shooting. I have a 3 x 9 x 40 Cabela's caliber specific (.22LR) and I just 150 off the bench at the range without a proper rest and after making adjustments was putting them all in the center ring (3") and will improve on that a lot once I get used to my TD model. I did spend over $200.00 on the Timney special group, but it will be well worth it when I get both the rifle and scope broken in and I get used to them.

written on the fly, in a rush

RJL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts