Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rifle is a Windham Weaponry MPC. The scope is a Nikon P-223 BDC. I was at an indoor range so 25 yards was the max distance.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,548 Posts
Nice!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
Amegatek, Looks like you have the same scope as I do on my Ruger AR556 .... A Nikon P-223 3X32. Each turret click is 1/2" at 100 yards so adjust your scope 6 clicks down and you should be spot on at 100 yards.

The Windham MPC isn't much different than the Ruger AR556. It has a better chrome lined barrel and a removable handle. I like the Nikon P-223 3X32 scope ... very bright with a nice wide and clear view. I found it works great at 100 yards and closer ... Ok out to 200 yards, not the best at 200 yards or farther but that isn't the mission of my AR556.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The rifle is a Windham Weaponry MPC. The scope is a Nikon P-223 BDC. I was at an indoor range so 25 yards was the max distance.

That's exactly the setup I'm going to have.......Windham MPC with the Nikon scope.

How do you like it?

My early concern was seeing past the front sight post, but everything I've seen/read online says it's not an issue at all with the Nikon mounts.

I found the scope/mounts for $158 delivered..........going to pull the trigger soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't see the front sight in the scope. It was great. Don't have it anymore. I went with a Vortex Spitfire instead

·
Registered
385 Posts
I ordered my scope last night from Optics Planet.........$158 with the mounts.
Be here next week, so the following weekend I'll get out in the pit and get it zeroed in and have some fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have fun! Post pictures if able

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That look similar to my 50 yard sight in of my iron sights on the AR I just assembled yesterday. I don't know if I enjoy the assembly of the AR or the sight in process more??

That's my latest assembly, want a different grip and stock, but threw those on to try it out.

·
Registered
995 Posts
That look similar to my 50 yard sight in of my iron sights on the AR I just assembled yesterday. I don't know if I enjoy the assembly of the AR or the sight in process more??

That's my latest assembly, want a different grip and stock, but threw those on to try it out.
I Really like the extra-long sight radius on your setup. No wonder it shoots such nice groups with open sights.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Amegatek, Looks like you have the same scope as I do on my Ruger AR556 .... A Nikon P-223 3X32. Each turret click is 1/2" at 100 yards so adjust your scope 6 clicks down and you should be spot on at 100 yards.

The Windham MPC isn't much different than the Ruger AR556. It has a better chrome lined barrel and a removable handle. I like the Nikon P-223 3X32 scope ... very bright with a nice wide and clear view. I found it works great at 100 yards and closer ... Ok out to 200 yards, not the best at 200 yards or farther but that isn't the mission of my AR556.
His setup looked nice. Iowegan, do you have similar mounts for yours, or something different?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
ditto1958, I used a set of UGT 1" tall rings ... puts the scope at just the right height when I get a cheek weld on the buffer tube. Inexpensive yet a decent quality.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Got the scope mounted today, not sure I like the positioning of it. I held the rifle in my normal shooting position, and then positioned the scope to give me the best view. I do have an extended charging handle, so I can still get to it. I'll be doing some shooting this weekend, see how I like it or if I'm going to move it forward.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Got the scope mounted today, not sure I like the positioning of it. I held the rifle in my normal shooting position, and then positioned the scope to give me the best view. I do have an extended charging handle, so I can still get to it. I'll be doing some shooting this weekend, see how I like it or if I'm going to move it forward.
Nice setup. Your mounts, however, are backwards. They generally go the other way. Have fun shooting it! :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had to put them that way to get the scope back so the eye relief was right.

I've seen them mounted that way, the other way, and with one going each way...............there is no "correct" way with them from what I was told.

I wanted to keep the end of the scope just in front of the charging handle, but I had to get too compact on the gun to be comfortable. I'm a big bulky guy, so I have the butt stock all the way back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts