Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered on my 10/22 TD that once my scope was mounted, I couldn't use my iron sights, regardless if the scope was on it or not. Why? Because the scope mount was in the way of the rear sight.

Anybody know any good scope mounts with sight grooves? I just Googled it and found this: Ruger 10/22 Scope Mount - Precision Machined Weaver/Picatinny Base

It's at E. Arthur Brown Company.

I figured this has not got to be an original problem and I really like shooting my 10/22 with just the iron sights. What have you guys found and can recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
The only one I have come to mind is one that has a channel - think chasm - to use the sights with the scope still mounted. It's not anything I'd go for. Both that style as well as the see-through rings bring the scope up too high. It creates such an un-natural fitment and cheek weld.
We're I to go the mixed route, I'd try one of the peep/mount combo. It's a rear peep sight that also is a base for Weaver rings.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The furnished Ruger mount is thicker than the similar Weaver T-09. You can use the sights with the T-09 in place. It comes in matte or gloss black, or silver.

I have used it withoot the scope in place, and it gives a nice flat sight plane, as compared to the rounded receiver.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. I'm going to do a little research on these. But in any case, my stock ruger scope mount is probably going to go. My scope is a Weaver Classic Rimfire 2.5-7x28mm with Millet rings. If I were to do it again, I think I would go with the Leupold since I think it's a little shorter than the Weaver. Being a Takedown model, it doesn't really fit in the bag with the scope attached. I "can" get it in, but it's stressing the bag and I can't close the flap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts