Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to purchase the Ruger 10/22 carbine. It will be my first .22, plan to put a scope on the rifle to use as a small game/plinking gun. The scope I purchased for this gun is the Nikon PROSTAFF target EFR rimfire rifle scope 3x9x40. The rings i want to use are the weaver 1" see thru ring mounts for the 10/22, they mount straight to the receiver. My concern is, will there be any interference with the AO with the rear sight or even the barrel? Does anyone believe I will need an alternative mounting system, if so please share ideas or even pictures. Thank you ahead of time for any helpful information!

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you mount the scope high enough to see under it to use the irons, then your going to have a poor cheek weld when using the scope.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the same Nikon scope for my 10/22 Takedown. The scope is really nice but as soon as you add the base to attach the rings for the scope you can't see the iron sights. Unless there's a different aftermarket scope base available somewhere that allows see-through ability my new scope is unfortunately staying in the box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the replies. I think I'm going to go with the weaver tip-off base mount, then the 3/8" high ring mounts. I'm not to worried about the iron sights. It was just my original idea

·
Registered
184 Posts
My experience with the see under mounts isn't good. It winds up with less than optimum results with both sets of sights. Tip-off bases seem better/

·
Registered
126 Posts
I looking to purchase the Ruger 10/22 carbine. It will be my first .22, plan to put a scope on the rifle to use as a small game/plinking gun. The scope I purchased for this rifle is also gun is the Nikon PROSTAFF target EFR rimfire rifle scope 3x9x40. The rings i want to use are the weaver 1" see thru ring mounts for the 10/22, they mount straight to the receiver. My concern is, will there be any interference with the AO with the rear sight or even the barrel? Does anyone believe I will need an alternative mounting system, if so please share ideas or even pictures. Thank you ahead of time for any helpful information!
Whereyat from Metry, Loosianashooter! I do not think that you will find much support here for see thru bases, rings, or rails and I agree in theory with that thinking. My 10/22 Itac is under a Nikon PROSTAFF target EFR which is mated to a Tactical Solutions Picatinny-Style mount with Warne sintered steel & powder coated 1" Maxima Quick-Detachable (QD) Ring mounts which has proven to be an exceptional method of mounting and unmounting, and remounting the Prostaff with reliable return-to-zero when the glass is remounted. If you cannot find the Warne's in a local store I'd suggest ordering them from a source like Amazon which offers free returns and exchanges in case you miscalculate or want to fine tune your desired ring height which will determine the bell height above your barrel. I'm also curious about why you want to use see through mounts when you have glass of the presumed quality to the Nikon Prostaff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts