Ruger Forum banner

scope problems

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Slowshot 
#1 ·
I have a Western field scope that came with my ruger 10/22 semiauto the scope inside slides back n forth . ?? Is there a way to fix it or is it toast ??

#2 ·
Welcome to the show.

I'm not sure what you mean by "scope inside"....

#4 ·
If the erector tube is broken free, it's toast. If a glass etched reticle breaks free within the erector, it's toast. Unfortunately, Western Field is most likely out-dated enough such that the original manufacturer (I believe Tasco?) won't honor warranty/guarantee replacement or repair.

Luckily, however, it's a cheap scope. Replacing it with like-kind would be cheap.

Replacing it with BETTER-kind would be advisable.

#5 ·
Buy yourself a higher quality scope and a decent set of rings. You will be glad you did. The scopes they sell in a package deal with new rifles are always throw aways. I suggest a Weaver, Nikon, Leupold, Vortex, Burris and Redfield scopes. Depending on your budget, you can find one of those at a reasonable price that will be far superior to what came with your rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.